Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Duckie
Australia
Duckie is male  Duckie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 11:32 AM

Depression

Just joking . I feel fine. thanks to positive people here like uncle j, and wrinkly and meg the mod, plus madge and Barbara and Deirdre, and ben Varrey, and Molly and Maurice and maggis and sorry I can't remember everyone...and jem
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 11:43 AM

Re: Depression

'Meg the mod' - that's brilliant
Nice post Nick.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 11:52 AM

Nick I am one of the lucky ones, I have never been depressed even in the darkest times when my world was crumbling...

My Dad a man in a hundred million always use to say 'look for the silver lining' as the song goes. My goodness he needed to being left a widower with 4 small children.
So that is what I have always tried to do .

I am aware though that real depression, not merely being 'depressed' because of ones circumstances isn't about attitude of mind it is frequently due to a chemical/hormone imbalance and so not so easy to overcome.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 12:19 PM

Depression!
Phew! joking Nick, thank God for that, I thought I would be sending you a mass card today.
Seriously, it's good to see you in good form again old son.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by youngatart ->
Just joking . I feel fine. thanks to positive people here like uncle j, and wrinkly and meg the mod, plus madge and Barbara and Deirdre, and ben Varrey, and Molly and Maurice and maggis and sorry I can't remember everyone...and jem
Thats OK Nick ..........
Whose Deirdre and Madge - Corrie and Neighbours ....? Are they on 'ere ......
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 03:46 PM

LOL Pats its Youngatart. He forgot Trendy Wendy in his list and that's what I class as my name Glad you don't feel depression too badly.
A lot of people get that due to stress but also in places in the North of the World because there isn't enough Sun.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by youngatart ->

You're very welcome Nick matey. I have a couple of friends that suffer from being bi-polar and their mood swings have been something to behold. They can (and have) been 'nasty' with it, but I appreciate that its their mental condition and not 'them' personally.
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2013, 06:06 AM

I was diagnosed ( finally) 25 yrs ago with 'manic' depression and altho' nothing prevents the mood swings medication makes them controllable, so much so that there were times when I stopped taking it only to resume or change meds later when symptoms returned, these days I consider my up and down moods as a normal part of ev'ryday life but I know that if I didn't take my 'happy' pills I could easily be drowning in despair or 'swinging from the chandalier' so to speak My only regret is not being diagnosed earlier as my confidence was zilch and I hated meeting new people in case they saw me at my worst.
Duckie
Australia
Duckie is male  Duckie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2013, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by maggis ->
I was diagnosed ( finally) 25 yrs ago with 'manic' depression and altho' nothing prevents the mood swings medication makes them controllable, so much so that there were times when I stopped taking it only to resume or change meds later when symptoms returned, these days I consider my up and down moods as a normal part of ev'ryday life but I know that if I didn't take my 'happy' pills I could easily be drowning in despair or 'swinging from the chandalier' so to speak My only regret is not being diagnosed earlier as my confidence was zilch and I hated meeting new people in case they saw me at my worst.
interesting to hear that maggis. The people I've met with bipolar all take their meds so its no problem. One exception. A guy at work stopped taking his and was terrorising the whole place. Staff were afraid to come out of the office! Otherwise he was a really likeable guy.

I think I've already seen me at my worst here so, the only way for me to go is...up!
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2013, 11:47 AM

LoL, the last few yrs have been an absolute nightmare as I didn't know whether it was the meds or the menopause driving me nuts and had to rely on natural remedies as DR advised against HRT and other drugs but all's under control now thank goodness

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top