Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 10:26 AM

Solstice

Since today is the 'longest day' (i.e the longest daytime period) its all down hill from here to Autumn and then Winter - good 'ere innit???
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 10:34 AM

Re: Solstice

And judging by the weather forecast here we won't see the sunset...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 10:39 AM

UJ please don't remind us
Except for the fact it isn't freezing cold it could be October here this morning with a mist and general air of gloom
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 10:47 AM

Go to Glastonbury, it's lovely, everyone goes around wishing people "Happy Solstice" cheers you up no end!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Go to Glastonbury, it's lovely, everyone goes around wishing people "Happy Solstice" cheers you up no end!
I am sure it is Twiz but I don't think Chloe my dog would like it

The summer solstice for me has often involved going onto the hills to watch the sunrise but not in this weather where the sun is nowhere to be seen...
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 10:51 AM

There's dogs everywhere, usually lurchers, I don't mean the festival I mean the town, nicest people there, very interesting characters.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 11:20 AM

Just to cheer you up, the next 3 months are normally the best in the year.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 11:47 AM

Well it's quite nice here today, very warm in sunny Poole. I will be doing my yoga 'salute to the sun' in the garden again this year. No grandkiddies with me this time though. That was a laugh that year, they were all over the place. There are some fledgling blackbirds hopping around underneath the bushes for company
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

21-06-2013, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Twiz I have been to the town many times, I used to live in Somerset and went there often
Originally Posted by maryl ->
Well it's quite nice here today, very warm in sunny Poole. I will be doing my yoga 'salute to the sun' in the garden again this year. No grandkiddies with me this time though. That was a laugh that year, they were all over the place. There are some fledgling blackbirds hopping around underneath the bushes for company
Mary the sun is just coming out here too so I may get to see the sunset if not the sunrise ..

I have just been laughing at some fledgling blackbirds which hatched from a nest in my pyracantha . They have little tufts of baby feathers in all the wrong places and look quite funny
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Since today is the 'longest day' (i.e the longest daytime period) its all down hill from here to Autumn and then Winter - good 'ere innit???
UJ according to reports it is going to be all downhill weatherwise for the next 10 years!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/we...-10-years.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top