Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2013, 06:16 PM

Strange!

I have just watched a cat on my shed, it lay there in the sun and a magpie came and landed 3 ft. away, the cat looked up and just walked off.
Obviously a well fed cat who didn't fancy the hard bit, of moving 3 ft.
Or are cats just not bothered now, because they are too well fed, like that programme in the week said.
Sadly I hadn't a camera quick enough, I was hoping to get the kill.
In I awful!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2013, 06:35 PM

Re: Strange!

Arfa !!! Pleased you didn't get yer camera .....
Pats dont wanna know about things like that ,,,,,
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2013, 06:35 PM

I have a pair of fat woodpigeons who frequent my garden and the cat ARCHIE (Normally vicious) totally ignores them.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2013, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
I have a pair of fat woodpigeons who frequent my garden and the cat ARCHIE (Normally vicious) totally ignores them.
Strange isn't it when it is in their nature.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2013, 06:41 PM

Magpies have been known to attack cats, Arthur. My neighbour's cat was basking in the sun on their shed a couple of years ago when a pair of magpies suddenly descended and started pecking at the cat. Fortunately it wasn't hurt and made a hasty retreat.

Here's a photo I took a few years ago of a magpie approaching another cat on the shed .....

Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2013, 06:59 PM

Magpies - feisty little things they are !!
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2013, 07:41 PM

My cat, identical to Mag's cat, doesn't bother at all with any birds, thankfully. He'll "squeek" at them through the window, especially the wood pigeons, but that's as far as he goes.

He has caught the odd mouse though.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

16-06-2013, 07:43 PM

Probably depends on their 'nature', do you think - as with humans we're different in nature - some cats prefer to be home for instance ....
Not an expert, just summising ....
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2013, 08:47 PM

We don't have a cat but quite a few cats visit because Sheila feeds them . I've often seen a visiting cat walk straight past a pigeon on the bird table without as much as a glance.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2013, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
We have a pair of wild pigeons (don't know what kind they are) who come and eat all the feed out of the feeder, they are fat and getting fatter, the smaller birds don't get a look in and the dog wont even bark at them to clear them off, he just looks at them then walks away.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top