Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 06:08 AM

Happy Saturday Everyone

Good Morning from me in Romania

A nice bright start to the day, can't say it will last as we always seem to end up with rain, as it did yesterday for about 2 hours around tea time.

We are supposed to be going on a trip today and staying overnight, the driver of the family wasn't feeling too well in the night and is currently asleep, so will have to wait and see.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 08:31 AM

Re: Happy Saturday Everyone

Good morning Valice and all who follow a sunny morning with heavy showers , I hope I manage to get the bedding plants in today.

I seem to have had a hectic time this week with lots of baby sitting. Lovely as the little ones are I am hoping for a child free weekend to catch up on some jobs.

Enjoy your weekend everyone
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 08:38 AM

Morning Val, Meg et al.....

Off to Curry's this morning to buy a new washing machine, as sod's law would have it, the extended guarantee ran out in April and the machine packed up last night.... are they pre-programmed to do that do you think.....

Enjoy your day folks.

Barry
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 08:58 AM

A wild and windy start to the weekend here. At 03.30 this morning wind was howling and the rain was lashing down, it woke me up. Had to rescue bedroom curtains which were being sucked out of the open window by the wind and close the window down a lot more. Took me a long time to get back to sleep again.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 09:25 AM

Good morning, bright and a westerly breezy here.
That was a bit mad Geoff!
Barry, we had a thread about electrical appliances committing suicide - always just as the guarantee runs out - I swear they are pre-programmed
Hubby has been making bread and is now making a couple of flat breads with herbs, our son's favourite
Hope everyone has a peaceful weekend, especially all the dads
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 10:57 AM

Good morning one and all. Lovely start to the day here too but a bit breezy.

An electrician once told me that appliances do have a built-in life expectancy!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 11:39 AM

Good morning everybody, or as Benny Hill said in his best Chinese accent, 'Goodbody every morning'. The sun is shining but plenty of dark clouds about. The wife and daughter are off shopping so I'll have the house to myself for the day, might do some work later if I get bored.
As luck would have it, our washing machine packed in on thursday, we only bought it mid 2011, nothing made to last long in this day and age, and they say WE are polluting the world with crap!, they'd want to start with the makers first instead of forcing us to use gammy lightbulbs, here's another heap of junk for the pile.
Enjoy the weekend folks.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 11:52 AM

We've ended up getting a Samsung washing machine. It was a hundred quid more than the Hotpoint Mrs P. was thinking of but they give £50 cash back and a full five years parts and labour guarantee, which would have cost at least two hundred quid, so all in all a great deal (for a change) methinks.....
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Morning Val, Meg et al.....

Off to Curry's this morning to buy a new washing machine, as sod's law would have it, the extended guarantee ran out in April and the machine packed up last night.... are they pre-programmed to do that do you think.....

Enjoy your day folks.

Barry

I hope you don't have the problems I had when I bought a new washing machine a few weeks ago. I chose a Daewoo top of the range...........it was a disaster ! It rattled and banged and moved down the outbuilding it was in. Back came the technicians, twiddled and fiddled, off they went, no change, it still banged, rattled and moved. Mr Clumsy put it on wooden planks, checked level etc, still it took off. The noise was horrendous, sounded like a plane crashing. Enough was more than enough, I told them to come and take it back, they were not happy but they did. I then chose another one, this time a Hisense, I had to pay more money but I am really pleased with it, I have to keep going out to see if it's working, it really is quiet and even the 15 minute quick wash works as well as a long hot wash. I actually bought the machines from Euronics, English franchise I believe but they really didn't want to take the faulty machine back, they wanted to send out a service engineer. I said "no way", I didn't see why I should have a service engineer out to brand new washing machine, I wanted it replacing not mending.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 12:50 PM

Good afternoon everyone. Been busy this morning. April Showers again and a March wind, what else could you want in June
Hope everyone has a nice weekend. Good buy on the washing machines.
I like a Zanusi myself. Take care all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top