Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2013, 01:32 PM

Most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you...

Being a newby on here I apologise if this thread has already been flogged to death. I have told this tale on other forums so anyone from over there will know my username when they read it Hi...... for anyone who hasn't, thought you might find this rather long Saga of what happened to me a little amusing so here goes.After you have read it, perhaps an embarrassing moment in your life would make others laugh. Has it ever happened to you?

When I was aged 15, only just left school , I was one of seven children but unfortunately for me, the only girl with six brothers. We were all born one year apart and I was the youngest. My dad was unbelievably strict with me and I was never allowed to go anywhere alone except to my friends house, anywhere else I had to have one of the brothers with me at all time. Anyway, as I said, I had just left school, was feeling quite grown up and had permission to go to our local Disco on my own with my friends for the very first time without the flippin brothers accompanying me. I was so excited. Now this era was all Mods and Rockers, my gorgeous, popular brothers were all Mods so our house was always full of equally gorgeous brothers mates !! one of which I was convinced I was in love with...sigh. Anyway I knew he would be at the Disco as would all my brothers, so a new dress was definitely in order. Off I went, money no object and bought the most fabulous outfit which I just knew would knock his socks off. Well there I was, twirling around in front of my bedroom mirror wearing this new dress when I got a look at my sillouette from the side view and thought.. oh come on, surely I am not that flat-chested? how on earth am I going to get him to notice me looking like this? So I got to work trying anything that would make me look better. I tried everything in those cups to make me look better but nothing seemed to work that didn't either look false or ridiculous, until..... out of sheer desperation, I tried a pair of 15 denier stockings, Lo and behold, they looked brilliant ! comfortable, smooth, not too large, not too small, perfect !! no-one would ever know.
The night of the Disco came, off I went with my friends, so excited to at last be free to go out on my own, dad telling me to behave and if I didnt I wouldn't be going out again until I was sixteen, (I kid you not) that my brothers would tell him if I misbehaved etc etc (yeah, right dad)
We walked into the Disco and I felt a million dollars, okay all of my brothers and their mates were there watching everyone that walked in, they came over and asked me if I wanted a drink (coca cola of course). I kept glancing at the love of my life who I noticed kept glancing at me too. Yep, I thought to myself, I am definitely in with a chance of being walked home and snogged. I started dancing with my friends and prayed that he would come over and start dancing with me, which he did !! yippee. The night was young, the Northern Soul music was fabulous, the floor was crowded and I was with the boy of my dreams. What more could I want? Well the music finished and someone shouted out DOES THIS BELONG TO ANYONE? holding up one single 15 denier stocking! AARRGGHHH!! I looked down and saw that I had only one lovely looking boob ! Where to put my face!!!! I discreetlly put my arm over my missing boob area, told the love of my life I had to go to the Loo and slunk off the dance floor, got my coat, ran all the way home in shame (even more galling to be greeted by a very pleased dad that I preferred to be home with them than at the Disco). I had to pretend to them that I wasn't feeling very well.
I was sooooo embarrassed I just went to bed and put my head under the pillow and moaned with embarrassement. I didn't venture out for a full month. I still don't know to this day whether anyone ever knew but nothing was ever said and the love of my life seemed to quickly lose interest in me.
SOB !
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2013, 01:43 PM

Re: Most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you...

Awww - how awful, but funny

Yes, I've had a fair few things happen mainly because I don't think before I do something!

But using a youthful one, I had taken, when I was about 16, to wearing false eyelashes (as was the rage due to Mary Quant) and I felt quite the thing in my long lashes and my boyfriend seemed to like the look too. Right up until one night, I noticed him looking at me in a really odd way, too intense. I nipped off to the loo to look in the mirror and my lovely new eyelashes had come unglued at both ends so instead of looking stunning, it looked like both my eyes had moustaches on them
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2013, 02:04 PM

Oh no Ben-v - I am trying not to laugh just thinking about that, but I promise to stop laughing if you do.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2013, 02:05 PM

Right, we'll stop laughing after the count of 3 - ready? 1, 2, .... nope, no good
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

14-06-2013, 02:14 PM

Okay - I lied - I'm still laughing at the thought of two stray catapillars on your eyelids.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

14-06-2013, 02:16 PM

I wonder if our respective boys still thought we looked hot - you lopsided and me with a caterpillar farm going on
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

14-06-2013, 02:46 PM

BV, I wonder!! one more person to join us and we would have looked like the Marx Brothers!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

14-06-2013, 02:53 PM

Just need someone who wore a daft wig then

I did once ask my parents how they could have let me go out looking the way I did in my early teens and they just said 'if you're going to make a fool of yourself, best to do it while you're young' - not sure that helped to be honest!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

14-06-2013, 05:06 PM

BV - we did too didn't we? come on, tell us one incident that makes your toes curl, I refuse to believe you went though life without your cheeks burning once?
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2013, 06:01 PM

Well Ben V here she is. I once bought this cheap wig and thought I looked great in it as I had cut my hair short but wanted something long to go out in. I was walking in the city and walked around a corner when a gust of wind blew my wig off. It flew off my head and rolled along the pavement.
When I spun around to try and CATCH it two girls who were walking behind me screamed and jumped out of ITS way as if it was some kind of animal. Needless to say the next time I wore it I put hair clips in it. We learn by our mistakes don't we???????

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top