Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2013, 12:05 PM

Okay, now I am really annoyed.

So here I am, my day off, it's still raining so I can't venture into the garden. I have had my bottom perched on the sofa for the last two hours staring into the screen of my laptop trying to negotiate my way around here. I finally thought, no, it's no good, I have to stop, make a move, run to the loo first (you all know what it's like) then make myself a lovely cup of tea and have a biscuit. Made the most perfect mug of tea and put three digestive biscuits onto a plate and brought it back here to where I once again have plonked my backside down, ready to roam around the forums. Have just picked a biscuit up, dunked it into my perfect mug of tea, and only half the biscuit came out !! the rest is now floating in bits on the top of my once lovely cuppa ! Why did I bother?
Uff
Scotland
Uff is female  Uff has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2013, 12:13 PM

Re: Okay, now I am really annoyed.

That's life S girl. Drop a slice of bread and it falls butter side down.

I get annoyed when I only need a few brushfuls of paint to finish a wall and I have to start a new tin. If I could I'd scrape the whole lot off, water it down and start again.
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2013, 12:18 PM

I had an annoying thing happen a week ago sg, I'd just squeezed the bladder of the wine cask to get the last drops out () and I knocked the ruddy glass into the sink, grrrr! was looking forward to that nightcap too .
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2013, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by maggis ->
I had an annoying thing happen a week ago sg, I'd just squeezed the bladder of the wine cask to get the last drops out () and I knocked the ruddy glass into the sink, grrrr! was looking forward to that nightcap too .
I'll drink to that...

Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2013, 12:47 PM

Heres my motto and answer to your problem Mary, 'always' keep a spoon beside yer biscuit .....
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2013, 12:55 PM

Uff, been there, done that, soooooooo annoying. You usually end up with a nearly full tin of paint that's not cheap and that you may never use again if you decide to change your colour scheme.

Maggis, lol. sounds like me, turn it upside down, shake the box, try again, squeeze any part that could ensure the very last drop comes out of the tap. no, it is usually defo empty. (sob!)

Bruce, Luuuuuv the location of yr booze amongst the saucepans. now everyone knows where you keep your money for the next box of booze, right next to it in the jar !!! lol
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

13-06-2013, 12:59 PM

Pats, sound advice, where do I put a wet spoon? not posh enough to have a cup and saucer. I blame Mcvities !! they never used to dissolve like this. To hell with the tea anyway, it's almost one oclock so I'm unscrewing the wine bottle, pouring myself a glass of wine, hoping what happened to Maggis doesn't happen to me, and I have settled for a dish of crisps to go with it. SIGH, happiness on my day off.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2013, 01:01 PM

The alternative sounds good to me - as for the spoon, paper napkin ....?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

13-06-2013, 01:26 PM

Pats, so used to making my mug of tea by the kettle, stirring it with my spoon and putting the spoon into the sink ! never thought I would need to bring the spoon and a paper serviette into the front room unless it was to wipe my mouth after eating my biccy but my tongue does all of that when I lick my chops.
Certainly not used to my digestive breaking up in my tea when I dunk it !! I don't know what is happening with Mcvities, shame on em !
Never mind, the rain is pounding against the window, the wind is howling, I am nicely camped in the warmth of my front room, my glass of wine tastes mmmmmmmm, and the crisps are good as well.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

13-06-2013, 01:31 PM

This is a bit like - 'Theres a hole in my bucket !'
Try .....like what I do - a napkin by the side of ya, then its 'always' to hand for any mishap .....

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top