Join for free
Duckie
Australia
Duckie is male  Duckie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2013, 04:12 AM

State of Origin Insanity

This is a deliberately one-sided rant. here goes.

NSW play QLD in rugby league every year. best of 3 games. NSW haven't won since 2005. It has a huge following in Australia especially in those states.
There was an incident in the last game when a player called Paul Gallen punched and swung his arm in a tackle against QLD player, Nate Myles. Should have been sent off immediately. But apparently it is pay back for Nate Myles headbutting and leg twisting in previous games.
My point is ...why didn't Nate Mylers get sent off in previous years or suspended for his dangerous play? What is it going to take for people to wake up and realise that this is a bloody legalised boofheaded moronic game now? Don't give "bringing out our primal instincts". Someone is going to get killed or maimed for life if someone doesn't stop this insanity.
I used to play rugby league in my youth(living in NSW) We never resorted to this BS. I don't watch Footy for the violence. I like the smart attacking play, the deft, playmakers who show true skill. I don't need to see the scumbag, niggling dirty players trying to put people in hospital and terrorise opponents. That's not the game I grew up and loved. I don't watch state of origin for the vicious tackles but maybe a lot of people do and the media encourage it too.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2013, 10:15 AM

Re: State of Origin Insanity

Is a one-sided rant one that you don't want comments on?

Ah well, I shall comment anyway

When I've moaned about overly aggressive tackles in football, I get told 'it's a contact sport' - really? I thought they were supposed to kick the ball not each other! So I get where you're coming from; it shouldn't be permitted.
Duckie
Australia
Duckie is male  Duckie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2013, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Is a one-sided rant one that you don't want comments on?

Ah well, I shall comment anyway

When I've moaned about overly aggressive tackles in football, I get told 'it's a contact sport' - really? I thought they were supposed to kick the ball not each other! So I get where you're coming from; it shouldn't be permitted.
No worries. I think Rugby league is now officially the most animalistic sport...in Australia anyway. Anything goes. We need someone in a wheelchair, before they wake up.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2013, 01:07 PM

As Moose would say, "Bring back the biff."
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2013, 02:10 PM

BRing back ROLLER DERBY, that was worth watching.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2013, 06:37 PM

It would seem even Cricket is no longer immune from thugish behaviour now as a particualr Australian player launched a totally unprovoked attack against an English player in a pub in Birmingham last weekend.
Duckie
Australia

12-06-2013, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
It would seem even Cricket is no longer immune from thugish behaviour now as a particualr Australian player launched a totally unprovoked attack against an English player in a pub in Birmingham last weekend.
Warner...send him home.... zero tolerance...probably thinks we can't win without him..well, we need to see if we can....
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2013, 12:29 PM

They shouldn't be allowed to travel o'seas when they behave like thugs ,they're s'posed to be ambassadors of the sport
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2013, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
As Rex "Moose" Mossop would say, "Bring back the biff."

Duckie
Australia

15-06-2013, 01:08 AM

Hey Bruce
Forgot who Moose was.
Mossop...what a classic......channel 9 hasn't been the same since he left

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top