Join for free
Duckie
Australia
Duckie is male  Duckie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2013, 10:54 AM

Passion (above the waistline sunshine)

not the sexual kind...
I mean do you have a real passion for life?

I think I've been doing nightshift too long. Used to play guitar, go to the gym, watch and talk about movies. Theses days, the highlight of the day for me is going to bed and ........... sleeping. Oh walking the dog too but even that has become a chore

Is this old age depression?:
Am I not trying hard enough?
Am I not young at heart anymore?

I can just imagine all you motivated folk telling me how you fit all countless hobbies/activities into a fun-filled, packed week? Is that the case?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2013, 10:58 AM

Re: Passion (above the waistline sunshine)

Walking, sewing, knitting, reading, weekends away at our caravan all feature highly only thing I was passionate about but don't do any more is baking - diet and diabetes rather knocked that one on the head.
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2013, 10:59 AM

Nah!, naval gazing's my thing ( when not exercising ... my fingers on the keyboard I take the dog out 'cos it's unfair not to but ev'rything's a chore lately, maybe the miserable weather, but I usually manage to bounce back after awhile and then appreciate the good days even more , happens to ev'ryone now and then (imo)
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2013, 11:09 AM

I had so much more time when I worked! Now I've got so many hobbies and not enough time! I resent housework and shopping when there's stuff to make, photos to take! I spend time on here to connect with other humans or I'd just lock myself in a room with me bits & bobs. After I take the dog out of course. These days I have to force myself to do gardening, then I have to force myself to go back indoors. I think structured days are easier to deal with, as you get older you get more relaxed about what's important, well, if you're like me you do.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2013, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by youngatart ->
I think I've been doing nightshift too long. Used to play guitar, go to the gym, watch and talk about movies. Theses days, the highlight of the day for me is going to bed and ........... sleeping. Oh walking the dog too but even that has become a chore

Is this old age depression?:
Am I not trying hard enough?
Am I not young at heart anymore?

I can just imagine all you motivated folk telling me how you fit all countless hobbies/activities into a fun-filled, packed week? Is that the case?
Hi Nick I am pretty much the same and used to cram masses into my days travelling all over the place.

l call it 'my world shrinking' . Suddenly I have no desire to do all those things I used to do. I am not depressed thought and still young at heart, I just don't have the inclination to do so many things anymore
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2013, 11:27 AM

I think it's important to keep up a little exercise but not too much, you know, just enough to keep the joints flexible. I have two small 5 Kilo each dumbbells and sit in my armchair, I do about 15 minutes of waving them about (the wife stands well clear of me during this dangerous operation), when I wake up in the morning I push the covers over to her side of the bed and do about 5 minutes of bending to touch my toes, that's the lot, barring the 100 yards to the local and back, on holidays I do a lot of walking in the countryside. My grandkids are my passion at the moment we have a great understanding between us despite the huge age gap.
As regards you not being young at heart anymore, thats nonsense, you can be as young as you want in your own mind and then that comes across to others, so cheer up and enjoy yourself Nick.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2013, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I think it's important to keep up a little exercise but not too much, you know, just enough to keep the joints flexible. I have two small 5 Kilo each dumbbells and sit in my armchair, I do about 15 minutes of waving them about (the wife stands well clear of me during this dangerous operation)

I recon picking up three little ones to do a nappy change/place into high chairs/for a cuddle is as good as any dumbells
(Though thankfully we are down to only one with nappies now).
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2013, 03:37 PM

Sorry to spoil the evasive action but its called.... Getting old ! Its no use having it in your head, if you cant do it, get real.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2013, 03:41 PM

Oh I am not so sure, I think it's important to have a slightly youthful out look no matter what your age. And when the body stops one passion no reason why you cannot find another or adapt to doing it some other way.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 10:25 AM

I'm with Meg and Maggis and you, it seems, youngatart - I would race through life from early morning till late evening and now I can't be bothered with all of that. No, I don't have a passion for life as such and being truthful, I don't miss that passion for life. I enjoy doing what I do - it may not suit everyone but it suits me. I've often thought of writing a book (a really small one ) and I'd call it 'Whose Life Is It Anyway'

If you are happy with your life - you can't be doing much that's wrong in the grand scheme of things

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top