Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2013, 12:43 PM

The Dangers of Armchair Diagnoses

Originally Posted by mindbender ->
you're so easy to diagnose!
Would that be in the same way that some people self-diagnose that they are Jesus?

Armchair professionals can cause distress to many people but their desire to make that diagnosis serves no other purpose than to pat themselves on the back - but using someone else's hand to do the patting.

So, here's your chance MB - a diagnosis thread all for you (my infamy will rise!); off you go, do your worst
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2013, 12:50 PM

Re: The Dangers of Armchair Diagnoses

MB''s words - you're so easy to diagnose!

I must have missed that "pearl"
I think you are quite right Ben-varrey. At the risk of sticking my neck out (tough old neck that it is) - can I be first to lie on the diagnostic couch? Oh heck - I hope MB will be gentle with me. Mods. I am relying on you to stop him from skinning me alive
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2013, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
MB''s words - you're so easy to diagnose!

I must have missed that "pearl"
I think you are quite right Ben-varrey. At the risk of sticking my neck out (tough old neck that it is) - can I be first to lie on the diagnostic couch? Oh heck - I hope MB will be gentle with me. Mods. I am relying on you to stop him from skinning me alive
I'm almost hoping he turns up now Aerolor

Good luck - I'm supporting you in spirit
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2013, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I'm almost hoping he turns up now Aerolor

Good luck - I'm supporting you in spirit
Mine's a whiskey, please

And maybe some popcorn wouldn't go amiss...
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2013, 02:09 PM

He's probably getting some sleep in order to dream up some more trolling...
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

26-05-2013, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Would that be in the same way that some people self-diagnose that they are Jesus?

Armchair professionals can cause distress to many people but their desire to make that diagnosis serves no other purpose than to pat themselves on the back - but using someone else's hand to do the patting.

So, here's your chance MB - a diagnosis thread all for you (my infamy will rise!); off you go, do your worst
I have no desire to pat myself on the back - 'we' have learned of your 'pain' some many threads back and I had begun exploring it with you but you 'screamed' and backed out. I respected your screams! That you still have pain is obvious to me and those who read your 'story' and I do not regard your 'story' or your 'pain' as mere flippant issues to be discussed in public. If you wish to discuss them with me privately I have suggested the means - I would not demean you by creating a public display - I respect you more than that.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

26-05-2013, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by mindbender ->
I have no desire to pat myself on the back
Yeah - you do

'we' have learned of your 'pain' some many threads back
No, you haven't. I related one small part of it: one small part doth not a whole maketh.

and I had begun exploring it with you but you 'screamed' and backed out.
Screamed? I haven't screamed since I was child - don't even throw hissy fits any more.

I respected your screams!
Well, if I had screamed, this would be the point where I would say 'thank you' but as I didn't, well ...

That you still have pain is obvious to me and those who read your 'story' and I do not regard your 'story' or your 'pain' as mere flippant issues to be discussed in public. If you wish to discuss them with me privately I have suggested the means - I would not demean you by creating a public display -
Of course I do but it is not all-consuming, it stopped being that a fair while ago; it was a relevant thing to post on the thread concerned to highlight that I understood those feelings - that I wasn't talking from an unaffected standpoint.

As you have correctly spotted - I have not discussed things in detail; not because I'm bothered about FMs seeing those details just that it would serve no purpose.

I respect you more than that.
You can pack that in! You start going all nice on me and who the heck do I spar with on here
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2013, 05:20 PM

- like I said before, pays as much 'attention' as 'Doreen' - the fish in 'Nemo' ......
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

26-05-2013, 05:31 PM

When you posted that earlier Pats - it reminded me again of Jasper Carrott's take on the memory of two goldfish in a bowl:

Goldfish 1: have you seen that castle over there

Goldfish 2: what's a castle?

Goldfish 1: I dunno - what you asking me for?

Goldfish 2: asking you what?

Goldfish 1: I dunno - have you seen that castle over there ...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2013, 05:37 PM

Gawd - tears of laughter - thats fab

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top