Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 05:58 AM

Happy Thursday Folk

[IMG]
[/IMG]The tower in Stuttgart, Germany. We went for a nice walk around Stanwick lakes yesterday but there were very few water birds there. They were talking about having lost 10% of our wildlife on yesterday's news.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 07:24 AM

Re: Happy Thursday Folk

That's an impressive structure Alan, what is it for/does it do/purpose does it serve?

Morning everyone, lovely sunny start here but still that cold wind blows. Nothing much on the agenda so might go and see an old friend for an hour after coffee, and I'm cooking chicken korma for lunch..

Have a great day folks.

Barry
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
That's an impressive structure Alan, what is it for/does it do/purpose does it serve?

Morning everyone, lovely sunny start here but still that cold wind blows. Nothing much on the agenda so might go and see an old friend for an hour after coffee, and I'm cooking chicken korma for lunch..

Have a great day folks.

Barry
It's a communications tower Barry but it's also a tourist attraction with lifts, viewing platforms and a cafe at the top. There are amazing views over the city of Stuttgart.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 08:30 AM

Good morning everyone. Weather going to be cold and raining soon. No change there then
Hope everyone has a nice day and take care.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 08:41 AM

Morning all
still misty and wet here...
I was listening to that news Item as well .... I could of told them that years ago,Im a keen watcher of wildlife and have noticed the decline in many insects birds and reptiles in Cornwall ...while I have watched the increase in cheap illegal pestersides used in the fields plus bad managerment of cutting hedgerows and other habitates.... Its very sad.
Here in the country side near me the wild life is incredible , im seeing things here I havnt seen since I was a kid in Cornwall, Because the farmers are more organic and work with the wildlife not against it
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 09:16 AM

Good Morning all, a breezy showery day - not ideal for walking to an from hairdressers this morning
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 09:20 AM

Good morning.
Sunny and cold here too..a contradiction really
That piccy should go into the current competition Alan.
Such a shame about the wildlife - I think all of us on the forum do our bit to encourage them. I noticed the May blossom is out in the hedgerow at the bottom of our garden - though not as flowery as other years.
Nowt planned today, was hoping to cut the lawn but that will have to wait..it'll have to be the greenhouse for me
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 09:36 AM

Good morning all dry with a chilly wind here...

Nothing special planned for today other than the daily chores.

I hope everyone has a good day
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 10:16 AM

Good morning everyone, Just had a hailstorm here had to rush out and put a cloche over my beds of fuschias just in time. So we are back to winter again. Have a good day all.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 12:01 PM

Good morning all
Fed up and unsettled again today. There are so many things I need to get on with but I really can't be bothered.

We are promised rain this afternoon and I should be mowing the lawn but it's warm indoors and I'm listening to the radio (LBC of course)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top