Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2013, 04:12 PM

Why - is that !

If you've got a 'why' - ask here .....
Mine is this - 2 pigeons fly onto the fence opposite each day, then walk up and down for a few hours. I noticed - as I have over the years, their little head bobs up and down when they walk, it remains still otherwise. Always puzzled me as to why.....is there an invisible string attached from head to foot ....
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2013, 04:31 PM

Re: Why - is that !

There you are Pats, it's an opportunity for you to do some research.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2013, 04:33 PM

Where .....?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2013, 04:56 PM

I think it is something to do with their vision and head bobbing helps how they see things. Perhaps they forgot to go to Specsavers.

Will that do - can I have a why now:-

I used to know this but I have forgotten. Why does the water in the sink always go swirling down the plug hole in a clockwise direction?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

22-05-2013, 05:04 PM

Dont know Rena - I know it goes the opposite way round in OZ !
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2013, 06:39 PM

It's to do with the rotation of the Earth. Looking down on the north pole the Earth spins anticlockwise so water goes clockwise while looking down on the south pole the Earth goes clockwise so water goes anticlockwise.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2013, 07:32 PM

I think I'm going to like this thread, I got a few 'Why is that's', just hope I can think of them.
I know you don't see much of it today, but have you ever noticed when a woman is striking a match she strikes it outwards, away from her, and a man strikes it inwards towards him, why is that?.
My wife says she does it outwards because if she did it inwards she'd be in danger of burning her mustache.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

22-05-2013, 07:36 PM

What a great question For me - it would be away with ya Dont want that flame coming at me - there again yer wife has a point
Any idea on the pigeon question Jem ....?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2013, 08:28 PM

We have two pigeons who come into the garden since the wife put one of them bird feeder things out, they are eating all the feed and the little birds don't stand a chance, I always shoo them away when I go out. I haven't any idea about them bobbing their heads, I'll start to study them the next warm day I'm out in the garden relaxing, spent a lot of time studying Dandelions last week, blew me away.
Maybe they bought tiny mp3's and are listening to that American group "The Byrds".
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2013, 08:51 PM

My gramps used to have a little joke after he came out of the loo and muttered something about "The last drop always going down your inside trouser leg".I am his age now, 60 years later & what with prostrate problems, diabetes, water retention and neurological disease .................
I've still no idea what he was going on about.. BLess him.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top