Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
fitou143
Essex
fitou143 is male  fitou143 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2013, 10:34 PM

Time travel

If you could travel in time back to the past or into the future where would you like to go, not a "regrets I have from my past" but perhaps a period of the past or future that interests you. I do like the series Goodnight sweetheart with Gary Sparrow (Nicholas Lyndhurst) and all the scrapes he gets himself into.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2013, 10:45 PM

Re: Time travel

The Victorian age so I can ask my Gt.Gt. Grandparents all about their lives and ancestors and put names to the people in an old photo album.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2013, 09:26 AM

I would definately like to go into the future.
I watch that many programmes about the future and the mess that we make of the planet, i would like to see if half of what is written does happen.
If not breath a sigh of relief.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2013, 09:29 AM

First stop would be Medieval England to see if it is actually like I've read about. After a short stay there, I would then hop over to Ireland in the 5th or 6th Century to see if that is like I've read about.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2013, 10:07 AM

I loved Goodnight Sweetheart to a brillant series.
I have so many places id like to go to !st Id like to see my Dads late teens to see if he really was as good as he made out , never smoked drank stayed out late and did all his home work ect... I never believed him.
Id also like to see from the day my house was built 250 years ago as a barn, and step forward in time to see how it revloved to the house it is today. Id like to meet and talk to Einstein. Plus Id like to go forward to see how old I live to so I know how to budget my savings, as Im leaving nothing to no one and hope to owe no one anything.... Id like to spend my last 4pounds on a pint and die quietly in the corner as i sip my last drop.... Id also like to see if the future is going to be as bad as I think it is going to be ..... oh I could go on for ever going back to times where the story written in history is a little grey just to see what the thruth really was ...
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2013, 04:57 PM

Think about this-- My screen was blank before I typed this; however I had already thought what I was going to type. A future event, as envisaged in my thought passes quickly through the present then instantly becomes the past.
Our grasp of what we understand as time is limited and moves forward only, or does it ? Consider this-- What if we could step outside of time?
What if the order became, future, present and past, doesn’t seem difficult as I have already described that order above, or present and present. Any of these last scenarios points at time being flexible, unstable even.
If the future comes first, the course of events in our lives must have been pre arranged. Already happened & therefore unchangeable/.
Present, future & past become one thing, pre existing & co existing.
Finally could it be that events we now think of as past are confirmation of events which have already occurred.

What do you think?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2013, 05:33 PM

Dont know what to make of your scenario there Robert, but then I'm not that bright I guess - matters of science do confuse the issue for me....
What I would say tho' is I can and do - comment from experience, has this happened to you... Someone can be talking to me and I know what they are gonna say next and next and next.... its strange, like having that feeling you've been somewhere before - yet you haven't or that feeling of De'ja vu - an event you feel has happened before to you ....
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2013, 06:23 PM

Good Night Sweetheart was wartime, no way do I want that again.
I would like to go back to the day we were wed, I would love to do it again, with the same lovely person I married.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2013, 08:21 PM

DEja vu Pats??

Think about this-- My screen was blank before I typed this; however I had already thought what I was going to type. A future event, as envisaged in my thought passes quickly through the present then instantly becomes the past.
Our grasp of what we understand as time is limited and moves forward only, or does it ? Consider this-- What if we could step outside of time?
What if the order became, future, present and past, doesn’t seem difficult as I have already described that order above, or present and present. Any of these last scenarios points at time being flexible, unstable even.
If the future comes first, the course of events in our lives must have been pre arranged. Already happened & therefore unchangeable/.
Present, future & past become one thing, pre existing & co existing.
Finally could it be that events we now think of as past are confirmation of events which have already occurred.

What do you think?
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

20-05-2013, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Good Night Sweetheart was wartime, no way do I want that again.
I would like to go back to the day we were wed, I would love to do it again, with the same lovely person I married.
THats very nice.

We renewed our wedding vows in church after 25 years.. We are up to 41 so have a good chance of repeating this at 50.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top