Join for free
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2013, 10:29 AM

Touch Screen Computer

I am like a child with a new toy.

Sitting in front of a Touch Screen Computer running the new windows software is going to be a learning experience.

It is extremely fast and I will be able to add a second monitor for dual screen display.

It also has Freeview and I must arrange for an Aerial to try that feature.

It is going to be a long process loading all the software from our other computers
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2013, 10:49 AM

Re: Touch Screen Computer

That sounds interesting Michael. What size screen did you get? Is it bigger than the I-pad. I hope you will let us know how you get on with it. My grandchildren's school is starting to use them - even the pre-school class has a touch screen which all the little ones are encouraged to use. It's really amazing how quickly they learn what to do.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2013, 05:31 PM

The ladies at our local library were discussing these only the other day, and one possible draw back was the fact that al monitors are vertical then one would be constantly having to hold ones arm up in a horizontal position, which would eventually be very tiring and lead to strained and painful muscles, not to mention the shoulder joint.
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2013, 06:10 PM

I would have thought the problem with touch screen computers in a public place would be one of germs.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2013, 06:25 PM

But couldn't the same be said for all touchable surfaces in public places Fogey. Because they are glass screeens and will show up fingerprints and smears easily I would imagine touch screens would get wiped over more frequently than a lot of other surfaces, e.g. handles on doors, books, toys, computer keyboards, etc.

I don't think it would be necessary to hold the screen out horizontally DaisyMay. My grandchildren have them on their knees, or on the floor, or on the table and the screen image will turn in all directions as you move them round. I think when you use the camera facility you may hold them out, but other than that I don't think you would need to.
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2013, 07:11 PM

It was supplied with a wireless mouse and keyboard.

You do not have to do everything by touching the screen.

I have however discovered that an additional monitor will require a HDMI connection.

Our spare monitors will not work on this computer.

Screen Display is 61 cm.(24") (1920 x 1080)
Memory 8GB
Storage 1TB.

I will post a picture when everything is up and running properly.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top