Join for free
astrolady
Field
astrolady is female  astrolady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2013, 10:38 PM

For the Love of Dogs

Being a huge dog lover i enjoyed tonights first show.

Poor Frankie the british bulldog had a cyst on his spine which stopped him walking properly. Paul O'grady naturally got upset by this but the outcome was good as they found him a new home so he could live out the rest of his short life in comfort. Ahhh lovely
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2013, 11:34 PM

Re: For the Love of Dogs

I have seen Paul in a totally different light since he started doing the Battersey programmes What a lovely person he seems .

Frankie had such a sweet expression, what a kind lady giving him a home knowing his time could be very limited...
astrolady
Field
astrolady is female  astrolady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2013, 11:43 PM

Paul's lovely isn't he Meg ?
I watched the very first series last year.He's totally besotted with the dogs and he used to make me laugh when he tried smuggling them out to take them home. Lol
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2013, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by astrolady ->
Paul's lovely isn't he Meg ?
I watched the very first series last year.He's totally besotted with the dogs and he used to make me laugh when he tried smuggling them out to take them home. Lol
...I have watched all the programs too
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2013, 08:04 AM

I used to love watching all the animal shows but find that over the last couple of years that I just get too upset if an animal 'doesn't make it', I can't help it,just cry and cry and I don't watch the wild nature programmes for the same reason, I know it's the law of nature but seeing a baby zebra or wildebeest attacked by big cats just makes me weep for them, what a wuss eh!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2013, 04:12 PM

your not on your own Maggis,cant watch anything with animals because I get upset, and yes he is lovely Paul,I knew he would get upset.When I was about 7 I chased a Rag & Bone man who was sitting on the back of his cartalmost lifting the horse off its legs. I chased him from Patricroft to almost Eccles shouting abuse at him and sobbing, he got away but I didnt someone told my Uncle paddy and I was in trouble.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2013, 05:30 PM

I was out in Battersea recently in the park and looked for the dogs and cats home, thinking of paying a visit. It was late in the afternoon by then so too late, but at least I know where it is, and confirmed that it IS open to the public. Will go again soon. Can't have dogs in this flat, but if they had a "can't go outside" cat I'd be interested!

I just love Paul and his wit, and his obvious love and compassion for animals. He makes the show, but then again, so do the residents and the dedicated staff.

I read a book some time ago written by a previous staff member. Just going off to Google it.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2013, 05:35 PM

It's called Take Me Home by Melissa Wareham. I don't know if she took notes throughout her time there, or how much was fabrication (!), but I remember it was a fascinating read about life as a kennel maid at Battersea. Read it if you can. (Got mine from the library)

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top