Join for free
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2013, 12:16 PM

Water (H2O)

Water (H2O)

It is the simplest compound of the two most common reactive elements, consisting of just two hydrogen atoms attached to a single oxygen atom. Indeed, very few molecules are smaller or lighter.

Although we drink it, wash, fish and swim in it, and cook with it (although probably not all at the same time), we nearly always overlook the special relationship it has with our lives.

Droughts cause famines and floods cause death and disease.

It makes up over about half of us and, without it, we die within a few days.

Life cannot evolve or continue without liquid water, which is why there is so much excitement about finding it on Mars and other planets and moons.

It is unsurprising that water plays a central role in many of the World's religions.

To the companies who sell it in bottles and other containers it is a real Money Spinner

They spend enormous amounts on advertising to convince us to purchase WATER.?

http://tinyurl.com/cqp7mzh

warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2013, 01:01 PM

Re: Water (H2O)

Brilliant add, but I won't buy it
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2013, 01:51 PM

I never buy bottled water (Except when it's got hops and fermented malt in it).
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2013, 01:59 PM

I'm tempted to add that url to the What's Made You Smile Today thread!

When I was visitng a friend of mine, (I only used to drink hot water at that time) she asked how I could drink tap water. I said 'don't you then?' - she replied 'no, I see what it does to my kettle'
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2013, 03:42 PM

We only drink bottled water if we are just drinking water,otherwise we use tap water.Having lived in a few counties the water all tastes different so that is the answer Buxton water.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2013, 03:56 PM

I'm confused on the subject of water - I heard the bottled variety is 'not' good - bacteria etc...

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top