Join for free
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2013, 10:12 AM

Wrath of the Church Organists

This article made me smile (as I didn't expect organists of the religious kind, to be like this) and I loved the line '‘What's the difference between an organist and a terrorist? -you can negotiate with a terrorist". '

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/reli...-is-sweet.html

Does anyone have any further offerings they've heard of or seen?
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2013, 03:59 PM

Re: Wrath of the Church Organists

Oh my... I started laughing at "Among examples cites was that of the organist in Scotland who had fallen out with some of the elders in the Kirk but got his own back by inserting a thinly disguised rendition of “Send in the Clowns” as they processed in for a Sunday service" and haven't stopped.

My mom was a church organist for years but would never have tinkered around like this. She'll enjoy the story though, so I'm printing it out for her. Thanks Karen!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2013, 06:43 PM

I loved the 'send in the clowns' too... Sort of thing Pats would do
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2013, 08:32 AM

Are we now likely to hear "Hail to the chief" when Pope Francis does his next sermon??? - or (as per Dave Allen) will he do a striptease to "The Stripper" on the steps of St: Peter's???
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2013, 02:28 PM

Glad you enjoyed it Pats and Annie - Send In The Clowns was one that made me chuckle

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top