Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2013, 03:18 PM

What would you say to a young you

Often I have heard people say if only I knew then what I know now. I have also heard it said that you should allow youngsters to make their own mistakes and that it is the only way to learn.

That being said if you could talk to a young you for just a few minutes what would you say to yourself, what would you say, maybe it would be a warning not to do something, or maybe it would be quite the opposite.

I would tell a young me that I had only one life so don't waste it. Endeavour to only be around people who love you and you love back. Most of all I would say be brave fight for your right to be happy. Remember your children will grow up one day make them proud of you and let them know that you truly loved them and didn't just say it.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2013, 03:24 PM

Re: What would you say to a young you

I'd say " be a banker ".
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2013, 03:49 PM

I'd say to myself what I say to my kids "Look further than your nose, but not as far as Eternity"
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2013, 04:12 PM

I'd say, 'come here little darling, I love ya' and give myself a hug....
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2013, 05:50 PM

Ok Alan I can agree with that. Not sure what to make of your words Spitfire and Pat would you really want to give yourself a hug with no words of wisdom.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2013, 06:22 PM

Be aware of your natural skills & abilities and develop them.

Treasure your family & friends

Save at least 10% of all your earnings

Pursue opportunities to help others.

If you meet an old man who looks spookily like you, ignore anything he says.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2013, 06:32 PM

Robert - hope you dont mind if I choose your No.1 advice, I wish I had said that to myself .....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2013, 06:39 PM

I would say: Work hard & stay on at school, do not take advice from careers advisors - do what you're best at. Don't get married! Travel the world. Remember, your past will catch up with you eventually!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2013, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Robert - hope you dont mind if I choose your No.1 advice, I wish I had said that to myself .....
You are welcome.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

04-05-2013, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
I would say: Work hard & stay on at school, do not take advice from careers advisors - do what you're best at. Don't get married! Travel the world. Remember, your past will catch up with you eventually!
I like what you say Twizard, I would also advice myself to stay single but then I would have not had my kids. Then on the other hand I would have saved myself 22 years of misery. The travelling I like that and yes your past does catch up with you.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top