Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 06:17 PM

Murphy's Wife's Law.

Does your other half often take the wrong meaning of what you say?
My wife has a habit of taking things I say up wrongly, for example a short while ago while out in the garden I took the large waterproof cover off the swing chair, first time i've taken it off this year, as I was folding it up I casually said "I'll have to put this cover into the shed now." "Your not putting it into my shed, I've enough junk in there as it is." she says. I had never even considered putting it into her puny little plastic excuse for a shed, come to think of it you could fit her precious shed into the seat cover. I'm always telling her to "Look before she leaps", but I think she prefers "He who hesitates is lost". I call this Murphy's wife's law and try to remember it when dealing with the opposite sex, "If anything can be taken up wrong it will be".
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 06:38 PM

Re: Murphy's Wife's Law.

Obviously your wife possesses the womanly gift of knowing her mate well enough to predict what they're going to do next, she can of course read your mind ...... give in, you'll never outsmart her! Oh, and get her a decent shed!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 06:43 PM

Twiz - you've tickled Pats....'giggle'
Now Jem - tis true, we're one step ahead of ya....
BTW - Hubbs loves - 'Murphys Wifes Law'
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 07:13 PM

From a wife who's husband is always dumping his rubbish in my office and wet towels on my side of the bed ...I think your wife's comment was justified ....... You men will just dump things anywhere for us to put away
;0)
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 07:14 PM

Totally agree Jem. I puzzle about this a lot - and try to remember when I am dealing with the opposite sex, "If anything can be taken up wrong it will be".

I would add any misunderstandings will also be remembered and later used against you. Not fair is it, but that's married life. Sods Law I call it and saying Sod gives me a bit of satisfaction.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 08:21 PM

While It's true we men will never win the battle of the sexes, one must never throw in the towel, just fold it neatly and hang it on the rack.
fitou143
Essex
fitou143 is male  fitou143 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 08:31 PM

Jem that made me laugh, I think this is a case of mars and venus. LOL
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2013, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Never, both my halfs are in complete accord, we agree on everything, we have intelligent, wide ranging discussions on a vast range of fascinating subjects. We agree on all the cleaning jobs, where things should go, who will do what and when. We totally agree when we turn on the TV and what we watch.

It's the advantage of being an empty nester living alone

The only fly in the oitment is tools that suddenly disappear and turn up in unexpected places, who moves them?
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2013, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I think men must be afflicted with this then - I remember saying things like 'can you empty the rubbish bin', or 'are you going to cut the grass' or 'are you going to fix that (insert any number of things that have needed fixing)' and days later, they're still undone. When asked why he'd reply 'well, I didn't realise you meant straight away ...'
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2013, 03:28 PM

Not my 'other half' but my son, is the bane of my life, and ben-varey that response is right up his street, however the other day he actually did something without being asked/reminded, then he turned to me and said "there, that is your 'just once'" a reference to me frequently saying "Just once I wish you would -- insert appropriate task!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top