Join for free
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 03:44 PM

Car-jacking!!!

This is supposedly a true account recorded in the Police Log of Sarasota, Florida)

An elderly Florida lady did her shopping and, upon returning to her car, found four males in the act of leaving with her vehicle. She dropped her shopping bags and drew her handgun, proceeding to scream at the top of her lungs,

"I have a gun, and I know how to use it! Get out of the car!"

The four men didn't wait for a second threat. They got out and ran like mad.

The lady, somewhat shaken, then proceeded to load her shopping bags into the back of the car and got into the driver's seat. She was so shaken that she could not get her key into the ignition. She tried and tried, and then she realized why. It was for the same reason she had wondered why there was a football, a Frisbee, and two 12-packs of beer in the front seat.

A few minutes later, she found her own car parked four or five spaces farther down. She loaded her bags into the car and drove to the police station to report her mistake. The sergeant to whom she told the story couldn't stop laughing.

He pointed to the other end of the counter, where four pale men were reporting a car jacking by a mad, elderly woman described as white, less than five feet tall, glasses, curly white hair, and carrying a large handgun.

No charges were filed.

Moral of the story? If you're going to have a senior moment...make it memorable!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 06:57 PM

Re: Car-jacking!!!

That's so funny, if worrying! My friend was dropped off at the shops by her husband, to pop into a shop while he went round the block. When she came out she jumped into a car with a perfect stranger! Easily done.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 09:56 PM

I had to go pick my car up from the garage so drove 2 friends in my courtsey car to the garage as it was on the way to were we were going. I parked the courtsey car and told them to get in my car while I went to get the keys and pay.... it took awhile as the garage man likes to talk and paid took my keys hopped into my car and drove off.... 10 mins later I realised Id forgotten they were with me .... drove back and found them sitting in some one elses car with engine going and heater on they had been so busy chatting they hadnt seen me go or come back .... just as I went to tell them there mistake the owner came back for his car and said nothing about them being in his car with the engine running .....we were so embrassed.... but then couldnt stop laughing , his face was a picture ...he is probally thinking us english are strange people ....
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2013, 02:31 PM

Someone parked a car almost identical to mine beside me (back in the seventies). I didn't realize it - my key actually unlocked the driver's side door. I got in, put the key in the ignition but it wouldn't turn. At that point I realized the seats had a different upholstery than mine. I jumped out in shock, hoping not to be noticed, and drove mine off in a hurry.

I love the old gal with the handgun! Great story and funny ending.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top