Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 05:35 PM

What kind of charity work would you like to get invovled with?

If you could, what type of charity work would appeal to you the most?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 05:38 PM

Re: What kind of charity work would you like to get invovled with?

Animal charities are an obvious draw for me, but, I don't think I could cope, least not if I had to deal with them in person as I think it would depress me greatly.. I get so attached and emotionally involved when it comes to animals.

Same with suffering abroad - it would just anger me that the governments are not doing enough!

Working with pensioners tho (like Age Concern) - now that sounds more like a laugh to me, so, I wouldn't even see it as charity
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 06:19 PM

Been there, done that
I set up two charities and still run one, though I am scaling things down now.
The one I still run provides accessible, affordable arts activities in the community, to help people spread their wings and develop their interests, talents and confidence through the Arts. Like last year we did a Reminiscence project, Carnival Arts, dance and drama workshops and a project in a local school about history.
It`s huge fun but very hard work.
Calismum
Scotland
Calismum is female  Calismum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 06:46 PM

Animal related, but I'd probably end up with a version of Noah's Ark! Maybe wildlife sanctuary, CP or dog rescue, or perhaps with some horse charities.

I enjoyed the work I used to do for our local CP many years ago. Now sadly don't have time. Did find the cruelty/neglect issue really hard. Really tested my ability to keep my opinions to myself when picking up from some owners.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 06:50 PM

I sort of think I'd enjoy sorting the treasures at a charity shop.
Then I read things like 90% of all clothing handed in is dirty and it includes underwear and socks and then I think hmmm, maybe just a bric-a-brac or bookshop!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 10:17 PM

I would love to be able to help out at a doggie rescue but I know that I couldn't cope emotionally........would end up a quivering wreck and would want to take them all home with me
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2014, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Animal charities are an obvious draw for me, but, I don't think I could cope, least not if I had to deal with them in person as I think it would depress me greatly.. I get so attached and emotionally involved when it comes to animals.

Same with suffering abroad - it would just anger me that the governments are not doing enough!

Working with pensioners tho (like Age Concern) - now that sounds more like a laugh to me, so, I wouldn't even see it as charity
Don't understand, don't mean to be oblique, but what is humorous about a pensioner.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2014, 11:40 PM

Doing something for dementia research. Perhaps by raising money by selling some of my photos.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2014, 11:50 PM

Sorry, still don't have a grasp, got the wife to second guess me, I am known for being cryptic, but this outcryptics me, I am as usual missing the obvious, but on this occasion have back up.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2014, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Don't understand, don't mean to be oblique, but what is humorous about a pensioner.

Make a note of this SF - for once I agree with you (and that's funny)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top