Join for free
Yorkshireman100
west yorkshire
Yorkshireman100 is male  Yorkshireman100 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2013, 07:24 AM

PC picture problems after power cut

After a one minute power cut when the pc was being used the picture comes on as normal after boot up for a few moments the the screen goes black a couple of seconds then the picture is oversized.

I cannot see the sides and the menu and address and title bars at the top.

My pc is an Acer Aspire T180 and runs xp any advice would be welcome.
Yorkshireman100
west yorkshire
Yorkshireman100 is male  Yorkshireman100 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2013, 07:53 AM

Re: PC picture problems after power cut

I have now cleared the fault, I found that the screen resolution setting slider bar in display in control panel had moved to the full left, when it should be full right for my monitor.

I dont know why though on boot up the picture was correct for a few seconds, until one of you out there tells me.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2013, 04:49 PM

Re: PC picture problems after power cut

When you cut power to a computer a lot depends on what the computer is doing at the time of the loss of power.
You may think that your computer is idle when you just leave it switched on but in the background progams are running.

If your computer is checking the resolution at the time of the power cut that could effect your screen picture.

Have a look at the Task Master when you leave it and see which processes are running, it could surprise you.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top