Join for free
Mylor
New Member!
Cornwall, UK
Mylor is male 

14-04-2013, 06:43 PM

Recommendations please for best over-50's tour operators

Hi guys,

I'm a recently bereaved widower looking to do a bit of solo travelling after several years as a carer. I'm not looking for exclusively singles holidays, I'd much prefer an adults only mix which we did have a few years ago with Saga in Austria. I'd prefer to kick off with a winter holiday in Southern Europe or the Canaries, probably a tour of interesting cities and regions, 3 nights here, 4 nights there etc.

I'll be busy this summer with my caravan, visiting my daughter in Portugal, and friends coming to stay with me in Cornwall but I really need something to look forward to in the winter. Could you guys recommend any suitable tour operators?

Thanks
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2013, 09:19 PM

Re: Recommendations please for best over-50's tour operators

Sorry to hear of your recent bereavement.

Why just over-50s tour operators? There are lots of good tour operators who could give you a trip with an eclectic mix of adults, albeit of all ages. Unless you are perhaps hoping to meet a potential companion on holiday, you don't make it clear why the age criteria? Sorry if I have misinterpreted your post, but just curious.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2013, 11:56 PM

We've done a couple of cruises with Shearings which were over-18s only which made it relatively quiet. We've done air, coach and river trips with them as well over the years and always found them very reliable and not expensive. Going with them to the Channel Islands in July, and northern Italy a bit later. We come over from OZ every year.

There's a website here which lists all UK coach companies:

http://www.coachholidays.com/homepage.phtml
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2013, 01:42 PM

One you may wish to look at " Just You" http://www.justyou.co.uk/, may be worth a look, always found their Tour guides very good when they came to the Resturant where we worked, seemed to let the group be themselves and never tried to get into any group unless asked
Mylor
New Member!
Cornwall, UK
Mylor is male 

16-04-2013, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Sorry to hear of your recent bereavement.

Why just over-50s tour operators? .
Good point orangutan. I suppose I was in Over-50's mode when I wrote that. I'm not overkeen on there being too many children about but as I'd be holidaying outside school holidays that shouldn't be a problem. That said, we did enjoy a Saga stay in Austria a few years back.

Much too soon to start thinking about new companions but I suppose fate will take it's course over time.

Have fun
Mylor
New Member!
Cornwall, UK
Mylor is male 

16-04-2013, 11:49 PM

Thanks for the links guys, I'll take a look.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top