Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2013, 12:05 PM

Over 60?

Q: Where can single men over the age of 60 find younger women who are interested in them?
A: Try a bookstore, under Fiction.

Q: What can a man do while his wife is going through menopause?
A: Keep busy. If handy with tools, you can finish the basement. When done, you have a place to live.

Q: Someone has told me that menopause is mentioned in the
bible... Is that true? Where is it?
A: Yes. Matthew 14:92:
"And Mary rode Joseph's ass all the way to Egypt ......."

Q: How can I increase the heart rate of my over-60 year-old mate?
A: Tell him you're pregnant.

Q: How can I avoid that terrible curse of unsightly wrinkles?
A: Take off your glasses.

Q: Seriously! What can I do for these Crow's feet and all those wrinkles on my face?
A: Go braless. It will usually pull them out.

Q: Why should 60-plus people use valet parking?
A: Valets don't forget where they park your car.

Q: Is it common for 60-plus year olds to have problems with short term memory storage?
A: Storing memory is not a problem, Retrieving it is the problem.

Q: As people age, do they sleep more soundly?
A: Yes, but usually in the afternoon.

Q: Where should 60-plus year olds look for eye glasses?
A: On their foreheads.

Q: What is the most common remark made by 60-plus year
olds when they enter antique stores?
A: "Gosh, I remember all these!"
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2013, 02:41 PM

Re: Over 60?

At least six of these apply to me!!!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2013, 02:48 PM

I gave up driving when I was about 30
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2013, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
I gave up driving when I was about 30
I didn't drive 'til my 40's passed my test the day of the petrol strike - no traffic!
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2013, 10:37 PM

Nearly all of them apply to me and I could never learn to drive. Took three tests and failed them all. Tried an automatic cos I couldn't manage the gears and failed that one too.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2013, 10:46 PM

I was a motorcyclist from a very early age..16..and never passed a test. Helmets weren't compulsory then either. Passed my car driving test first time..much easier back then of course.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

14-04-2013, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
I was a motorcyclist from a very early age..16..and never passed a test. Helmets weren't compulsory then either. Passed my car driving test first time..much easier back then of course.
Now you see youngsters riding their bike with a helmet with trainers and jeans. I think if I had tried to learn to drive before I had children I would have made it but with me the older I get the dafter and denser I get.

My mother in law tells me that when my husband took his test the whole family hoped he would fail because he was only sixteen and a big head, however, he passed. Still a big head but an excellent driver.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2013, 01:33 PM

I laughed out loud at the one about valets. I make a point of parking beside a light standard or a shopping cart corral so I can find the car again. As for my glasses - I left them on top of my head when I was 16 and wandered the house looking for them. My mother noticed but wouldn't tell me they were there.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

14-04-2013, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
I laughed out loud at the one about valets. I make a point of parking beside a light standard or a shopping cart corral so I can find the car again. As for my glasses - I left them on top of my head when I was 16 and wandered the house looking for them. My mother noticed but wouldn't tell me they were there.
Just as I thought this is not just an age thing, we do daft things all through our lives.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2013, 10:22 AM

Excellent Cookie - my first chuckles of the day

Loved this one: Q: Where should 60-plus year olds look for eye glasses?
A: On their foreheads. - that really reminds me of my Dad, he was forever looking for his glasses that were perched on his forehead

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top