Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2013, 12:59 PM

Ugly Spaceships

I do like the science fiction films, always have. Some of the new writings and stories are excellent and great for stirring the imagination, and lets face it space is all about imagination, however I have one axe to grind. Why are all the space ships shown in modern films as pieces of rusty steel junk?, like an old engine block stripped from a scrapped lorry floating awkwardly through space, and why is the screen always so dark and depressing looking, even when they are inside the ship?
In the older films a space ship was something to admire, slick slender and shiny, even a toy space ship would make you feel proud when showing it off to your pals, have you seen the state of the new space ship toys? what happened to aerodynamic? Flash Gordon wouldn't be seen dead in one of the new junk heaps. If getting into this thing was my only chance of survival I'd rather die, would you drive a car shaped like this down your street?, if this is futuristic design I'm glad I have no future.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2013, 02:05 PM

Re: Ugly Spaceships

Ah yes Jem - like this one...nice n sleek..

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2013, 04:07 PM

Must agree Jem, also why are they so poorly lit and creepy inside ?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2013, 04:15 PM

I would 'drive this one down the street' Jem....

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2013, 07:17 PM

Yes that's what I mean, sexy looking craft and plenty of light do a lot for a film, well they do for me, who wants to see balls of junk on a darkened screen.
I can't figure it out, why spend millions on a production then spoil it all by making the centre piece of the story a lump of ugly junk?
I've always wanted to get that off my chest, I feel happier now.
Grouse
planet earth
Grouse is male  Grouse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 12:22 AM

Nahhhhh, spaceships are for men, nee wimmin allowed, non of that sleek stuff, thats a shed in space.

[IMG]
[/IMG]

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 07:11 AM

Spaceships are just like cars, if all cars were beautiful Ferrari's, no one would take notice of them, this particular spaceship was probably made by Hyundai.
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Yes that's what I mean, sexy looking craft and plenty of light do a lot for a film, well they do for me, who wants to see balls of junk on a darkened screen.
I can't figure it out, why spend millions on a production then spoil it all by making the centre piece of the story a lump of ugly junk?
I've always wanted to get that off my chest, I feel happier now.
I have to agree with you on this one.

Future spacecraft will look nothing like a lump of ugly junk?
Perhaps a little like this one?

ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 10:23 AM

Spaceships should be sleek and well-armed and this would be my idea of a proper spaceship: (fingers crossed this works)

(Woohoo Grouse - your instructions on how to do that has gone where no instructions have gone before: into my head many thanks)

No heaps of junk in space (or shed looking things either - us women know what you men are like once you get inside a shed!)
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 10:26 AM

This is one I'd run from!

(I'm just showing off now )

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top