Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2013, 09:28 AM

Winter

The time is nearly here for us Brits to be able to become nostalgic about the outgoing season so, what will you miss about the winter? Those lovely, refreshing crisp mornings perhaps
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2013, 09:30 AM

Re: Winter

The dark nights!
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2013, 09:32 AM

I too will miss the crisp mornings. But i am so looking forward to some sunshine.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2013, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Brandykins ->
The dark nights!
You will miss the dark nights?
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

09-04-2013, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
I too will miss the crisp mornings. But i am so looking forward to some sunshine.
But with the sunshine comes rotten weeds that need to be pulled I'm also looking forward to the sunshine shirley, it's here but not very warm yet is it
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2013, 09:42 AM

I had forgotten about the weeds, but to have some sunshine to sit outside and take in the beauty of the garden it seems a long time since we was able to do this.
We do sit outside for a little while in the colder dry weather, with thick coats on and hats just to be able to sit and plan the garden for this year.
shirley
Gloucestershire

09-04-2013, 09:47 AM

We had beautiful sunshine here over the weekend Ben, it was so nice to sit outside with a coffee and a book, lovely
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

09-04-2013, 09:48 AM

When the day is as sunny as it is today Shirley, I wish I'd got one of those patio heaters and I'd do exactly the same! Hopefully, it will warm up later - espcially as my dogs will be having their winter coat clipped later today and they'll feel the cold if it doesn't improve soon

Another thought - with winter retreating, that means flies will appear again ... (just trying to give winter a good send-off)
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

09-04-2013, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
We had beautiful sunshine here over the weekend Ben, it was so nice to sit outside with a coffee and a book, lovely
Do you live near the racecourse? Do they have those special days that require wearing finery so you can have a really good day out all spruced up?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2013, 09:53 AM

My favourite pastime is, on those rare warm summer evenings, to sit out in the garden with a bottle of red wine until it gets dark.......lovely. What do I miss about winter? Nothing.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top