Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2013, 01:29 PM

Dentists - does anyone know....

I belong to an NHS dentist, I am not happy there. My question is, if you go to a private dentist, do you have to go to them 'every' 6 months, could we have a yearly appointment....? Anyone know......
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2013, 02:16 PM

Re: Dentists - does anyone know....

My hubby and I just call them when we think we need them.... as he works away and I am in France more than not nowadays .... appointments are no good to us.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2013, 03:21 PM

Good - I hoped thats how it was - thanks...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2013, 04:27 PM

Hi Pats I have a private dentist not from choice but because my dentist left the NHS some years ago so I had no option . Most private dentists offer a dental insurance, I pay £6 .31 a month and this entitles me to a free yearly check up and clean/polish.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

05-04-2013, 04:33 PM

Hello Meg - I presume once a year 'is' fine then - unlike NHS, every 6 months...
Thankyou
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2013, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Hello Meg - I presume once a year 'is' fine then - unlike NHS, every 6 months...
Thankyou
Hi Pats my Dentist says it is fine with adults who are unlikely to have much tooth decay. During the yearly checks he checks not just the teeth but the whole mouth for signs of cancer .
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2013, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Pats I have a private dentist not from choice but because my dentist left the NHS some years ago so I had no option . Most private dentists offer a dental insurance, I pay £6 .31 a month and this entitles me to a free yearly check up and clean/polish.
I assume any treatment you need is covered by the £6-31 a month.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

05-04-2013, 04:44 PM

Thanks again Meg....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

05-04-2013, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
I assume any treatment you need is covered by the £6-31 a month.
...no it isn't Jimmy but I get a certain % of various treatment with the insurance.
It was either join the insurance scheme and become a private patient or leave my Dentist and as there were no NHS dentists in my area with available spaces for patients it was do that or have no dentist .

My sister has a NHS dentist and seems to pay the same fees as I do.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2013, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
...no it isn't Jimmy but I get a certain % of various treatment with the insurance.
It was either join the insurance scheme and become a private patient or leave my Dentist and as there were no NHS dentists in my area with available spaces for patients it was do that or have no dentist .

My sister has a NHS dentist and seems to pay the same fees as I do.
Well. what is the point of paying insurance then?
My previous dentist wanted us to pay insurance, but I found another NHS dentist, where you could just pay as you had treatment.
I have to have 2 check ups a year, which with a scrape and polish costs £17.50 a time, so without any other treatment it costs £35 a year.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top