Join for free
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2013, 07:15 PM

Our Girl

Did anyone else watch this last night? By the time it was finished I was bawling my eyes out. Made me feel a little nostalgic as I was in the W.R.A.C. from 1967 -1970, when it was of course a Corps in its own right. When I saw the current training regime I was most certainly glad that all that came in after my time. I felt exhausted just watching
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2013, 07:28 PM

Re: Our Girl

I watched it DaisyMay and thought it was one of the best things that has been on for a while. It brought home to me what people in the armed forces have to contend with when they join up. I couldn't work out if she did die in action or not - or if it is part of a series.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2013, 07:30 PM

I saw the last half hour daisymay as I watched my favourite programme of all time Foyles War, have waited a long time for it's return. Our Girl gripped me so I saw the first hour this afternoon on Catchup so watched it backwards. I was in the WRAF 69 to 71 and yes all that square bashing and shouting last night did bring back memories. A brilliant actress, forgotten her name (was Stacey in Eastenders).
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2013, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I couldn't work out if she did die in action or not - or if it is part of a series.
I thought she had died too, then she appeared smiling so not sure either.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2013, 07:39 PM

I could not figure it out either, there was the coffin with OUR GIRL in flowers, there was her dad standing to attention watching, there was her writing the letter with the voice over, and there was her corporal reading it, and there was her in the final shot on patrol. I think maybe we are meant to make our own minds up. Although I cannot think where a series would go from there.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2013, 07:52 PM

Im miffed as I missed it ...meant to watch it . any one know if its repeated soon ?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2013, 07:55 PM

I missed the first 10 mins and thought it was very good
Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
Im miffed as I missed it ...meant to watch it . any one know if its repeated soon ?
Baggy it is on BBC Iplayer..
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2013, 07:58 PM

Im in France we cant get iplayer here ...... sadley

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top