Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2013, 10:16 AM

Blue rinsed ladies remembered.

I have lived in a Port City all my life. I just love going down to the docks and waterfront. Especially in the early morning and early evening when there is always going to be something to see'
Ferries, small ones going just across the water to the New Forest villages. Large ones going to the Isle of Wight. Very large to the continent. Beautiful Cruise liners.
Monstrous Oil tankers. Boats ,yachts ,numerous other sailing craft and vessels, make their way over the water about their business. Or pleasure.
My Granny took us kids down to the Royal Pier on the bus, upstairs at the front of course so I could drive. There were gaps in the timber decks of the old pier, looking down gave me the willies.
I got caught in the arm by the hook of a badly cast fishing line. Put me off fishing for Life. The owner saw what had happened and ran off leaving his gear behind, I think my brother kept it.
There were two old ladies I couldn't help but notice every time we were on the pier.
Tall, very. Blue rinsed hair and leathery deep tanned faces, legs and arms. Reputed to be heiresses to the Cunard fortune. On several occasions I spotted a third sister, and on one glorious day about 10 years ago there were four of them. They walk everywhere together, the two I mean. Amazingly they are still alive, well into their nineties.
A couple of years back I came face to face with one of them, as I held back the door going in to the local chemist. I smiled at the lady and was about to say something, but she was gone, smiling her best Queen Mum smile.
Some paths are destined never to cross.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

15-03-2013, 10:21 AM

Re: Blue rinsed ladies remembered.

My maternal Grandmother usually sported a blue rinse.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2013, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
My maternal Grandmother usually sported a blue rinse.
WAs she a Cunard Heiress?
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2013, 10:36 AM

The only one I knew who had a blue rinse was my English teacher in high school. She was a gentle soul.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2013, 11:29 AM

And the only one I knew was my French teacher! We called her bluey!!

That's very interesting to read Robert! Thanks for sharing.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

15-03-2013, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
WAs she a Cunard Heiress?
Now that would be telling!
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2013, 10:08 PM

The colour is not totally confined to our 'Senior Citizens'?

A small section of the younger generation appear to have found a use for it.

Some styles are quite futuristic?

Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

15-03-2013, 10:28 PM

Michael.....well spotted (or spiked).
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2013, 10:34 PM

I used to notice a few blue haired Ladies when I was young and always wondered why they opted for blue, very unnatural I thought with all the colours available to women. Personally I think it is only right for a woman who has a choice of so many colours to dye her hair sooner than go grey, my missus hasn't got a grey hair in her head at 67 and when she starts to go grey I would be happy to see her dye it any colour she wanted, except blue. I've nothing against grey hair, I'm like a badger meself, but if I was a woman I would certain dye it without any hesitation.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2013, 10:38 PM

Being a 'conference' town, when the Tories (phth, phth, phth) are here we see a lot of the 'blue rinsed brigade'

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top