Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2013, 07:45 AM

Is it true ?

Are we born grumpy (if you are a grumpy person) or do you grow grumpy as you get old ? Can you change ?
I think its all in the mind .... I know I can made my self happy or sad just by what I sit and think about , so can a grumpy person sit and think about non grumpy things and be less grumpy?
I know an old lady who has no reason to be grumpy as she has had and still has a great life , but she see the negative in everything.... I some times wonder if its just for attention .....
Yet you see others who have had terrible lifes and happy as larry ...
So if your a grumpy person think happy positive thoughts today and let me know if you feel happier tomorrow
The power of positive thoughts can move mountains ....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2013, 07:55 AM

Re: Is it true ?

Yes, I think to some degree people can control their own Grumpiness, my problem is, I get grumpy over things I have no control over, I should not really listen to the news of a morning, my day would be much more pleasant without it.
Nobaggage
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2013, 07:58 AM

My mission for you today is think happy thoughts only ..... if you choose to accept ...then I wish you a happy day ;0)
Grouse
planet earth
Grouse is male  Grouse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2013, 08:10 AM

Ive become more grumpy as ive got older, i like it and im not changing
Nobaggage

15-03-2013, 08:55 AM

Ah but .... Do you like it because it gets you attention , as in people trying to cheer you up or are you a natural wallower? ;0)
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2013, 09:34 AM

My sister was grumpy from word go, I think I had a sunnier disposition. It was just a difference in way we think about the world. So yes I think people can be born grumpy.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2013, 10:14 AM

I think some people who are, or come across as grumpy, seek attention. There are those who love to moan about this that and the other and revel in the attention they receive.

I personally prefer a quieter life and am either happy of sad. I am in a lot of pain with my back at the moment and can't help letting out a few grunts and groans but I wouldn't class that as grumbling..... just 'ouch' relief!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2013, 10:28 AM

Well Bags its like this - for some the glass is half 'empty' - for others 'half full'. Even though my life has been 'half empty'....I prefer to think of it as 'half full' - but, I try to avoid the negative news on TV and radio, that can send me plummeting.....
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2013, 10:34 AM

Life's too short to be grumpy. I do think our tolerance levels decrease as we age, but whatever happens we should try maintain our sense of humour and perspective...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2013, 10:39 AM

I think grumpiness is an attitude of mind that for some is a monetary thing for others a well worn habit .

I would say have quick moan if something really niggles you then get on with things with a smile. Life is too short to stay grumpy .

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top