Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2013, 12:29 AM

Free standing cooker

Anyone have a newish free standing cooker?
My beloved AEG is almost 20 years old and now 3 of the 4 ceramic hob thermostats have gone I have been managed with two for ages.

I could get them repaired but it will cost a lot and if I do some other part will probably go.

I have been looking at new cookers and read all the reviews but none really appeal. The AEGs are all touch screen, no knobs and look too complicated for my rapidly diminishing brain power . Thy are also very expensive.

The best of a bad lot seems to be the Zanussi ZCV663MWC.

I do a lot of baking including bread so it is important I get a good cooker.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2013, 02:45 PM

Re: Free standing cooker

I've got a Rangemaster ceramic hob cooker - a tad expensive, but absolutely fantastic.

I use the 'multi function' oven for cooking main meals and Dianne uses the second oven for baking. The 5 rings are not the quickest to heat up but maintain the temperature very accurately.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2013, 02:57 PM

Thanks George is that a big one . I only have room for a 60m and no gas here.
I have already ordered a Zanussi from John Lewis and it arrives on Monday it has quite a good review on Which and is the best of a bad lot.

As I said I really wanted the AEG but it is touch panel, no knobs and I don't think I could cope with that.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2013, 04:49 PM

Pleased you've sorted your cooker Meg - hope you like it - let us know gal...
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2013, 05:43 PM

I looked up your Zanussi Meg, it looks a nice cooker. I like the double oven feature. That's what I wanted but apparently couldn't have..mine is AEG
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

19-03-2013, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Pleased you've sorted your cooker Meg - hope you like it - let us know gal...
Don't think I will it doesn't have the features of my old one .
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2013, 07:11 PM

Oh dear - I hate when things change....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

19-03-2013, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
I looked up your Zanussi Meg, it looks a nice cooker. I like the double oven feature. That's what I wanted but apparently couldn't have..mine is AEG
Hi Janela it is not the exact one on Which but the next one up the 663 which has catalytic linings in both ovens.

The build quality is poor compared to my old cooker it is plastic and tinny but I have no choice because some of the parts for my old cooker are no longer obtainable.

I expect I will get used to it in time.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

19-03-2013, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Oh dear - I hate when things change....
Pats I hate having anything new, they don't make things like they used too ...
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2013, 11:51 PM

There is no quality in any kitchen appliance now Meg, they are not made to last.
I've just had to buy another coffee pot, the last one was 10 months old, the one before (we think) was over 10 years old.
I struggled with my new washing machine .. it's very nice, integral, but it has programmes I'll never use.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top