Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2013, 04:17 PM

"What ails thee Jock?"

So said Thomas Babington Macauley a child prodigy whose first words, legend has it, were: "What ails thee, Jock?"; This was at the age of 4.

I have a ruddy complexion and people often say I look as if I've been on holiday. This being the case I was shocked when two lady friends nurse Gillian and I had coffee with last Tuesday, made a point of saying to me in church this morning,
"Oh you did look ill on Tuesday, we were quite worried about you"

It fair spoilt my day. I felt great first thing, but now I wonder if I've got something brewing. I think I'll get out my old trusty , dog eared FAMILY DOCTOR & check what I might have.
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2013, 04:34 PM

Re: "What ails thee Jock?"

Oh dear Bob, resign your self to it, you have probably got an itus, but you are amongst friends here, we will see you through it

Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2013, 04:51 PM

THank you M & M, I appreciate your support.

I just happened to look up "Itus" in my urban dictionary and it said
" Da Itus .......When u eat too much and u get tired and cant do nothin but sleep."

I think I may have it , I just didnt have a name for it.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2013, 04:55 PM

Don't worry about it Robert, the two ladies most likely didn't clean their spectacles that morning
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2013, 05:01 PM

Not to worry Robert, it's a common complaint.

I remember reading somewhere about Errol Flynn's first words when he was four, "Get thee to thy bed Lass"
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

10-03-2013, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Don't worry about it Robert, the two ladies most likely didn't clean their spectacles that morning
A sort of "optical confusion".
One of them is 85 & the other is 88, so it may be a case of mis identification. BLess.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2013, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
A sort of "optical confusion".
One of them is 85 & the other is 88, so it may be a case of mis identification. BLess.
good one Robert!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

10-03-2013, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Not to worry Robert, it's a common complaint.

I remember reading somewhere about Errol Flynn's first words when he was four, "Get thee to thy bed Lass"
You could well be right Jem. I can tell you what his last words were as a matter of interest

HE was at a party, and even though he had already complained of feeling unwell continued partying before excusing himself to a bedroom saying,

" I'll be back"

An hour passed & he was found dead of a massive heart attack. He was just 50.

Another thing, he wasn't Irish, he was born in Tasmania & became an American Citizen.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2013, 06:08 PM

It fair spoilt my day. I felt great first thing, but now I wonder if I've got something brewing.
Robert if it was brewing on Tuesday and still hasn't arrived I would say you are in the clear
Now go and celebrate with a strong cup of tea
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2013, 07:04 PM

Just for you Robert matey:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h29OpLm_D3w

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top