Join for free
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2013, 11:30 AM

Talking Heads

Some people get a bit irritated by the 'talking heads' that appear on live stream programmes - but the gaffs they make as they frantically think of something to say to fill a gap can be amusing:

"That race was all about competition." - David Coleman, ITV

"And I can see the strong wind blowing the sun towards us." - Brian Johnson, BBC Radio 3

James Hunt, BBC2 TV: "A church spire nestling among the trees...there's probably a church there too."

"Andre Vandapole has four silver medals in cyclocross, and none of them gold." - Phil Liggott, Channel 4 TV

Feel free to post any gaffs you've heard about and give us all a chuckle
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2013, 10:19 AM

Re: Talking Heads

A few by Prince P. that well know Royal Person

"And what exotic part of the world do you come from?" Asked in 1999 of Tory politician Lord Taylor of Warwick, whose parents are Jamaican. He replied: "Birmingham."

"Get me a beer. I don't care what kind it is, just get me a beer!" On being offered the finest Italian wines by PM Giuliano Amato at a dinner in Rome in 2000.

"It looks as though it was put in by an Indian." The Prince's verdict of a fuse box during a tour of a Scottish factory in August 1999. He later clarified his comment: "I meant to say cowboys. "I just got my cowboys and Indians mixed up."

"You ARE a woman, aren't you?" To a woman in Kenya in 1984, after accepting a gift.

"Ghastly." Prince Philip's opinion of Beijing, during a 1986 tour of China.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2013, 10:41 AM

Steve is going for the pink ball - and for those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green. - Ted Lowe (Snooker)

Gary Neville was the captain and now Ryan Giggs has taken on the mantelpiece - Rio Ferdinand

"Amigo! Amigo!" --George W. Bush, calling out to Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi in Spanish at the G-8 Summit, Rusutsu, Japan, July 10, 2008

"They misunderestimated me." —Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000 (still one fo the best ever)

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 (if there was a whistling emoticon - I would have used it for this one)
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2013, 10:56 AM

I'm just grateful these folks don't run for election over here.

If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure.- Dan Quayle, former U.S. Vice President

The internet is a great way to get on the net.- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate

I think war is a dangerous place - George W. Bush, Washington, D.C. (May 7, 2003)

I think gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman - Arnold Schwarzenegger

I have opinions of my own --strong opinions-- but I don't always agree with them.- George Bush

Facts are stupid things.- Ronald Reagan, Former U.S. President

What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is.
- Dan Quayle, former U.S. Vice President

It isn't pollution that is hurting the environment, it's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it. - Dan Quayle, former U.S. Vice-President

We are not ready for an unforeseen event that may or may not occur. - Dan Quayle, former U.S. Vice President

Will the highways on the internet become more few?
- George W Bush, Concord, New Hampshire, (29th January 2000)

I love California, I practically grew up in Phoenix.- Dan Quayle, former U.S. Vice President

Put the 'off' button on.- George W. Bush, Associated Press, 14th February 2000

For NASA, space is still a high priority.- Dan Quayle

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top