Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2013, 04:40 PM

Our Queen

What do you think about poor Queenie in Hospital? Apparently Stomach bug, i'm affraid it happens to us all.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2013, 05:29 PM

Re: Our Queen

It's a shame for anyone, but she is an old lady and it is often worse in the elderly.
I wish her a speedy recovery.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

04-03-2013, 06:21 PM

I have great respect for the Queen she does an excellent job and works much harder than most in this country. It must be awful always being in the public eye. I hope she makes a full recovery.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2013, 06:26 PM

It is said that she spends much of her time on the throne ! Humour aside, I wish her well- she is to be respected.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2013, 06:37 PM

I wish her a speedy recovery. I like the Royal Family and she is a good Queen. She works very hard.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2013, 06:38 PM

That's right, HRH is an old lady, a remarkable old lady with an unmatched record of service to Britain. There is no other monarch or head of state with her experience, commitment & dedication.
I guess, even as we go about our business, tv producers & researchers are digging out material for pushing out on tv, should she take a turn for the worse.

The knockers are not confined to the UK. I was in Tuscany a while back, enjoying a glass of wine in a village square, while nurse Gillian was shopping. A local joined me and I greeted him with "Buongiorno"
"Ah, you are English, yes?" he blurted. Followed by the distinctly unfriendly accusation.

"Your Queen is useless".
I seem to attract village idiots, & replied without hesitation.
"That may be true, but she does it so well dontcha know"

He left muttering loudly. I think I averted an international incident
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2013, 06:40 PM

She has served this country well. I wish her a speedy recovery.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2013, 07:16 PM

It's a sobering thought to know that the Queen is still doing the same "Job" she inherited over 60 years ago, well before most of this government ministers were even born.

Chasms apart.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2013, 07:25 PM

Time they pensioned her off, abolished the House of Lords, held elections for a fully democratic nsecond chamber and elected a President instead.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2013, 07:26 PM

I have much respect for our Queen and wish her a speedy recovery.

I was pleased to hear that she left hospital a couple of hours ago.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21659635

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top