Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2013, 06:04 PM

Hello from Somerset

Hi Everyone

I am (as the title suggests) from Somerset. A dedicated animal lover (especially dogs - of which I have one).

I'm here to pick up tips really - I'm trying to live frugally because I'm so poor! I love cooking, walking and watching TV. Reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo at present which I really like but I'm taking ages to read it for some strange reason.

I 'm currently suffering with plantar fascitis (foot complaint) so my dog walking and rambling have been severely curtailed.

Thanks
Sandy
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2013, 06:06 PM

Re: Hello from Somerset

Hello there Sandy - Welcome from Pats...
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2013, 06:14 PM

&stc=1" alt="" />

Hello and welcome from another dog lover ....
Why dont you start a thread about tip to live frugally ....I have loads, Im not tight but I do love to see how little I can live on so I can spend my money on other things
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2013, 06:31 PM

Thanks for the welcome Pats.

Is that your cat nobaggage? I love cats too - I had 3, all sadly passed on.

My current dog couldn't live with a cat and there have been 3 lost to traffic accidents on the road where I live.

You're right about starting a thread on frugal living - I shall have a think tonight about a good tip and start one tomorrow.

I'm not tight either but I'm not rich and every month there's another expense - TV licence, gas bill, car MOT etc.. so the less I can spend on day to day things the more I have left over for these emergencies.

Sandy
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2013, 06:42 PM

Yes thats my Tigger .... He came to me aged 5 about 4 years ago .... He was so scared of everything but now he is king of the house ... my 2 dogs give up there beds to him when he wants to lie by the fire ... and he has me pandering to his every need. He is a smart cat , I have taught him to walk on the lead and can often be seen marching around service stations on the motorways of France with my dogs , much to the amusment on the french people . and sits on his own chair in cafe's when we have breakfast out .... Plus he chases the mean dog that attacks other cats in the village he is very funny.... more pic's of him on my profile... and my dogs
Looking forward to your thread.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2013, 06:47 PM

Hello Sandy and welcome to the forum.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2013, 07:24 PM

Hello and Welcome
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2013, 07:36 PM

Hello Sandy a very warm welcome to the forum!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2013, 08:02 PM

Hello Sandy and welcome I look forward to chatting with you...
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2013, 09:17 PM

Sandy darlin' only just now seen your introduction. Belated greetings and welcome from me too. Somerset is lovely county - all that lovely cider!!!! - fabulous!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top