Join for free
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2013, 12:03 PM

Virgin/NTL Power Supply Units

We received a brand new Power Supply Unit in the post.

Apparently they have identified a potential fault which may cause the unit to overheat?

The Power Supply Unit is for the Modem.

If you are an old customer of NTL and have not received a replacement I would contact Virgin for advice?
Uncle Mo
Hitchin Hertfordshire UK
Uncle Mo is male  Uncle Mo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2013, 01:45 AM

Re: Virgin/NTL Power Supply Units

We received a replacement power supply unit 3 weeks ago, and replaced the old NTL one, which we've had for 15+ years, it never got hot. It took several attempts before the new unit would work; although only a small amount, I notice the new unit has a lower wattage. Needless to say I'm not going to recycle the old unit as suggested by Virgin.
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2013, 11:48 AM

Re: Virgin/NTL Power Supply Units

Our old unit was very heavy and I posted it back to Virgin in the envelope they supplied.

I also noticed the wattage was lower in the replacement.

The new unit is lightweight and I guess if anything it is more up to date?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top