Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2013, 08:55 PM

Blind Date

Has anyone been on a Blind Date?

I have and married him.

We had a mutual friend who set us both up on a blind date at the Pictures.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2013, 09:00 PM

Re: Blind Date

My first date was a blind date 50 years ago . He is a farmer and I met him again not long ago at a family funeral, he never married .

Glad things worked out for you Susie.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2013, 09:02 PM

That was a very quick reply Meg!

Yes we have been married 30 years.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2013, 09:21 PM

My daughter met her husband on a blind date, they have been married 17 years.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2013, 10:04 PM

Yes, once and only once! Bored out of my mind. We went to the pictures, in one door we both went and I went out the other, telling the poor chappie I was going to the loo

Never again
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2013, 10:43 PM

Once and it was as a favour to a friend to accompany her on a double date. They took us to a travelling fair and paid for us a ride on the Waltzer. The boy tried to kiss me and he was quite revolting I told my friend that I was going home with or without her. She didn't forgive me for about two weeks
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2013, 06:42 AM

I went on a couple, the worst - this was about 15 years ago - was a man at least 60 with dyed black hair in a 1950s quiff, three teeth, a Teddy Boy cord round his neck with a huge glittery stone at the end and limited conversational skills. It was such a long evening and I just wanted to turn round and run, but you can't really, can you? Oh, and no, we didn't marry!
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

25-02-2013, 09:58 AM

I was formally introduced to the man I was to marry when I was 15 and he was nearly 18, when he was visiting my home island from the UK. He is the much younger brother of the husband of a friend of my late Mother. Our courtship was mostly conducted by letter or phonecall, I was at school and he was at university. I only saw him at holiday times when either I flew over to the UK, or he flew over to our island. We married when I was nineteen. I still can't work out exactly what has made our relationship tick. He was a million light years more intelligent than me before his devastating illness, which has left him brain damaged, half his brain is completely trashed apparently. However in some respects he is still more intelligent. We have no interests in common apart from our children/grandchildren, but somehow we have managed to put up with each other for nearly 44 years.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2013, 10:30 AM

That's an arranged marriage, not a blind date And you say religious people are brainwashed Subservient to your husband too from what I have read sounds like a loveless one too, having to put up with each other.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2013, 11:08 AM

I was set up on a blind date when I was about 15, he was okay but not really my type (a bit too conservative) so it didn't last long. I met up with years and years later with his wife and she'd had two sets of twins! I consider myself a lucky escapee

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top