Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2013, 11:22 AM

Looks are deceiving!!

I am watching TimeTeam on More 4, and was wondering how old the archaeologists was, and was amazed that Tony Robinson and Mick Aston are exactly the same age, with Phil Harding 3 years younger.
It just goes to show how looks are deceiving.
I thought Mick Aston was the oldest, Phil next with Tony the youngest, how wrong was I.
So how old do you look? I think I look about 66 now , although I feel older.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2013, 11:29 AM

Re: Looks are deceiving!!

When I wake up I look 60 After a hot shower during the day about 54 but when the soft lights come on in the evening 46 .... and Im really 52
But I dont wear any make up or use any false aids .... so I am what you see....
What scares me is I look at friends of the same age and they look so old .... an I decieving my self do I look as old as them with out knowing ???? Mind you they have had kids and I havnt so dont have all the worry lines ;0))
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2013, 11:41 AM

I think you can look younger by your poise I can stand upright and I also can walk very fast for my age so I think that can help. I dont think people know how old I am most of the time as they certainly dont stand for the old lady when she gets on a crowded tram or bus.
Mind you talking about age have you noticed some of the film stars how drag they look. You can see they have had botox and face lifts and some of them have gone wrong. I like CSI and Marg Hellgenberg has left now but boy did she look like botox holes. You have to feel sorry for them doing that thinking they will look good but its not a long term fix. I think not smoking and smiling alot has helped me plus a good supply of food and maybe the voddie nowadays is helping
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2013, 11:47 AM

We met Tony Robinson years ago, while on holiday in Cornwall. He's hardly aged at all!
Looks are deceiving.
Me? I look and feel in my 70's ..... (It's the central heating and worry that's done it )
I'm a spring chicken too Arfur
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2013, 11:47 AM

Smiling knocks years off !...
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2013, 11:54 AM

Yes smiling and not having a grumpy out look certainly keeps you young ...
Also a few wines in the evening help to give me that youthful glow ;0)
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2013, 12:09 PM

I agree with Bowie Eyes - how you carry yourself and move around can give away your age. Anyone with chronic pain and long term unhappiness can also appear older than they are. I also think skin condition, a person's hair and how you dress and behave can make a difference. Some people just look "more alive" than others. It's all in the genes, I suppose. I know smoking makes a big difference, (although how smoking can age a person) is not always acknowledged) together with other things to do with lifestyle.
I honestly don't know whether people think I am my age or oldler/younger, but I do have a good skin, with very few wrinkles so I don't wear foundtion make-up (I just do my eyes and lips) and also my hair remains uncoloured and is still quite dark in places (just grey around the edges). I am also not very tall. When I meet someone who I haven't seen for quite a while I am sometimes surprised at how old they seem to be getting and maybe they are thinking the same about me, but at least we still usually recognise each other which has got to be a good thing.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

23-02-2013, 12:55 PM

People are kind enough to tell me I look younger than my 63 years. Six people recently thought I was our eldest daughter's sister. As you can imagine that went down like a lead balloon with her when I crowed about it! I am actually 20 years older than our girl.

My hair has most of its natural colour, I don't dye it. I have relatively few wrinkles. I only use a relatively cheap moisturiser once a day, and very rarely wear any makeup. I don't have any at present having bunged the last lot out about two years ago. I had it so long it must have been positively toxic! When I was being made up for one of the TV programmes I have taken part in, I was told that my good skin tone was possibly due to the fact I didn't wear makeup regularly.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2013, 02:59 PM

My grandson calls that program "Oh look, I found another nail!".
I think looks can be very deceiving especially with the men, so many young men seem to be prematurely bald these days, it's almost impossible to put a correct age on them, I don't even try anymore. It's a lot easier with the women, the hands and neck are dead giveaways, in my opinion that is.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2013, 03:08 PM

Yes Pats agree with a smile makes you look young.
What made me think about this thread was, the fact if you are witness to a crime, you might have to give a description to the police. How difficult can that be, makes you think doesn't it.
All things have to be taken into account, whether a person works outside or inside, whether they are premature grey, their poise and the way they walk, or as someone as said bald.
I quite often weigh up folks on the bus to guess their age

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top