Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2013, 05:52 AM

Happy Thursday Folk

[IMG]
[/IMG] Wild flowers, taken on one of our walks last spring. I've made my first planting of the new gardening season- my onion sets which I start off in a seed tray in my greenhouse. When they've rooted they go out into the garden.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2013, 09:40 AM

Re: Happy Thursday Folk

Morning all, cold here again at -1 degC with an easterly wind...brrrrrr...

Collecting some firewood this morning from a friend who's cleared out their garden sheds, which will be welcome as we are nearly out of the stuff. My mum is coming over for lunch of salmon and roast veg and then we will spend the afternoon in a state of relaxation by the newly fuelled fire...

I'm no expert Alan, but that wildflower looks very much like Himalayan Balsam, a rampant weed that seems to be taking over the whole of the countryside...

Enjoy your day folks.

Barry
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2013, 10:16 AM

Morning Folk Lovely, frosty and sunny morning so far. A wee bit chilly out but it is lovely Hope it stays this way. Going for my blood test and BP later this morning! Supposed to go on Tuesday morning but when I phoned down to find out time - told by receptionist I am not their patient!! That's the 5th time that's happened and then they wonder why I don't bother calling for an appointment!! Sorted that and her out!! The trouble is they can't spell my second name and the idiots don't think to ask how it is spelt! The practice is far too big! Hate going!

Rant over!

Enjoy a good day everyone.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2013, 10:23 AM

That must be very frustrating Brandykins. Anyway Good Morning to you all, not a very promising day I'm afraid as they say we may have some snow. Still it is dry at the moment and that counts for something. Have a good day all.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2013, 11:52 AM

Good morning fellow members very cold here but at least it is dry so I am not grumbling .

Shopping done and put away and spiced vinegar simmering on the cooker I am off to slice some red cabbage ready for pickling.

Good luck at the Drs Rosemary, I hate going to the surgery in case I catch anything

Enjoy your day everyone
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2013, 12:21 PM

Good morning all.
Hopefully another quiet day here. Too cold for gardening but I did tidy up my houseplants
My old neighbour's daughter is clearing the bungalow of furniture today - she is giving it to SENSE - my second favourite charity after GOSH. (my eldest grandson is registered with SENSE) He emailed us from Lanzaroti (sp) yesterday and said it is hot here nan!
Hope everyone has a great day
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2013, 12:30 PM

Morning All, Oh Myyyyyy that wind is freezing. Just been out with Dageus and my hands and face were turning blue. Stopping close to home today..
Enjoy your day people..

Thurso Castle Ruins, looking kinda creepy.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2013, 01:35 PM

Morning all. Freezing cold and snow flakes here.

I like the old ruins, especially the crows flying above, I would like to spend the evening there, see if anything goes bump in the night.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2013, 01:46 PM

Good morning/afternoon all freezing here and there was a threat of snow earlier

Shopping at Sainsbury's earlier, I also bought a new kettle whilst there as I have a feeling my Russell Hobbs one is starting to leak. My new one didn't cost me a penny as I had enough Nectar points saved to get it

Keep warm everyone!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2013, 07:31 PM

Good evening all, it's been bitter cold all day, it took me ages to heat up the shed before I eventually got out to do some work, just finished and over me tea now so I'm going to have a few glasses of port and a cigar then do nothing, cheers!.
Stay safe folks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top