Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 04:59 PM

Coincidences

I love to hear of 'coincidences' - have you any to share...
Here is one .....
My mother went to live in Canada for a while. She was there a few days when she took a walk and entered a 'thrift' shop, second hand items sold there. She was drawn to a particular handbag and when she opened it - there was a picture of herself taken a few years before with her 'then' friend. She asked the shop girl if she recognised the lady in the pic - she said yes she comes in on a regular basis, they soon met up.....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 05:18 PM

Re: Coincidences

Some very weird coincidences do happen Pats, I'm sure we'll hear lots on this thread.
This one is not so weird but I really surprised me at the time. When I started going out with my wife she was asked to babysit her sisters three kids and she asked me along, when we got to the house her sister took us straight through to the kitchen, and there was her husband drinking a cup of tea- he was my mother's first cousin, he was as surprised as I was, the first thing that flashed through my mind was, if I marry this girl will it be incest?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 05:21 PM

Funny and weird - no not you Jem !
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 05:32 PM

I come from a family of 6 children , non of us are very close and have moved to different corners of the world and rarley see each other.
One day while visiting my parents my mother showed me a photo of my brothers son who at this point was about five whom Id never met nor his wife. By now they had divorced.
A couple of months later I took a holiday to turkey one morning I took my book and towel to the beach to swim and relax. An hour later a woman and child laden down with tonnes of stuff came and sat near me !! why do people do that when they have the rest of the beach to choose from? Any how the child set to making sand castles and the woman and i lay back and read our books ... little time later we had both sat up and were taking in the view and people watching our eyes had caught a couple of times and we had smiled, it was getting hot and I spotted a cafe behind me and thought a ice lolly would be nice, So I got up and asked her if she would like me to fetch her one as well save her leaving all her stuff on the beach and dragging the kid to the cafe. She said yes and i went for them. On return Im sat beside her while she fishes for her purse and we begin to natter... After I while I said you do look familiar ( why does that sound like a chat up line ?) do I know you from some where ? Only to discover she was my ex sister in law and nephew.... We have remained friends since.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

17-02-2013, 05:36 PM

Thats a great story Baggy - absolutely love it !
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 06:15 PM

I went into a wee gift shop in Wanganui, New Zealand, where I was staying with a relative. She had gone up to the hospital to visit her sister and I wasn't allowed in - family members only. Anyway, in the shop I picked up an ornament and looked where it was made - "made in Sheffield" it was printed underneath it. The young man who was behind the counter came and asked if I was interested in it - I said no because it was made in England. The young man then asked me where I came from and I told him, he said don't go away, I want someone to meet you. He went into the back shop and brought out an elderly man, who was the young man's Dad. He told me to tell his Dad why I wouldn't buy the ornament and when I did the old man said are you from Glasgow, Scotland! I said yes. He then asked me if I knew Pollokshield - which I did That's where the old man came from and he knew the minister of the church I attended in Govan!! Small world!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 06:25 PM

1)A lady I once worked for went on holiday to America. She got into a lift in Washington only to find a neighbour in the same lift. This person just happened to be on holiday at the same time.

2) On our sister site Dogsey I posted a photograph of a house in which I once lived with an archway going off into a wood.
Another member recognised the house as being down the road from where she lived. She went to the house and took another photograph and posted it ..

The old archway photograph take in the 1960s

...and the more recent one...

Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

17-02-2013, 06:29 PM

These stories are great - gives a 'nice' feeling....
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 07:04 PM

My first wife and I decided on the spur of the moment, as it was such a lovely day, to go to Blackpool for the day. As we were walking along the front amongst thousands of other people we quite literally bumped into her mother and father, who had decided on the spur of the moment to go to Blackpool for the day.. At the time we lived in Nottingham and had never visited Blackpool before, and her parents lived in Weardale in County Durham...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

17-02-2013, 07:24 PM

WOW - isnt that just great !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top