Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 02:32 PM

Wat do you buy at markets?

This morning we decided to go to one of the big Sunday markets. I didn't particularly want anything but we hadn't been for ages. Here are my purchases, all but one. Mr Clumsy saw what I can only describe as a "wiggly ball" and for some reason it appealed to him. Most unusual, he doesn't normally buy anything that doesn't have a purpose and is very fond of saying "what do you want/need that for". I will take a photo of his "wiggly ball thing" in a while when he has decided where he is going to hang it

Prices were 5 kg oranges for 2 euros, strawberries were 2.50 euros, peppers and carrots were 1 euro, bananas 2 euros.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 02:53 PM

Re: Wat do you buy at markets?

This is Mr Clumsy's whirly thing: It's an optical illusion crystal ball that appears to move up and down the spiral. It reflects things around it in the ball.

Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 03:03 PM

Your goodies look good enough to eat, they look so edible....yum..
I also like the wiggly ball - want one !
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

17-02-2013, 03:40 PM

I never buy anything at markets. I prefer a one stop supermarket.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 03:48 PM

You did well at the market, Loretta - you couldn't get fresher than that and all so cheap!

I like the whirly ball thingy too, that would fascinate me!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 03:48 PM

Although there are Farmers markets sometimes in Paisley, or Euro ones, I don't bother with them. Don't fancy buying butcher meat in open market stalls - they are far too near busy roads and the railway station!

Used to love going to the Glasgow Barras though They were fun!

Your fruit & veg looks very appetising and fresh, Clumsy

Love that whirly gig - oh and your cat as well, Clumsy

Good shopping for you

Thanks for sharing
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 03:54 PM

I go to the fresh market here most saturdays ... for real food . Mostly hand made breads, olives, hams, all so normal shaped fruit and veg not the uniform ones grown in green houses ... The taste is so much better and fresher like food made 50 years ago. My treat is a big bag of pickled garlic cloves which I have at the cafe with a beer while I watch everyone go by... Its one of the main reasons I love it here the markets
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

17-02-2013, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Brandykins ->
Although there are Farmers markets sometimes in Paisley, or Euro ones, I don't bother with them. Don't fancy buying butcher meat in open market stalls - they are far too near busy roads and the railway station!

Used to love going to the Glasgow Barras though They were fun!

Your fruit & veg looks very appetising and fresh, Clumsy

Love that whirly gig - oh and your cat as well, Clumsy

Good shopping for you

Thanks for sharing
Oh dear Brandykins, you've really upset madam ChoCho now referring to her as a cat, she's in a real paddy now

Actually she is a little black Shitzu dog who often behaves like a cat .

I wouldn't buy meat from a market either. Some years ago we went to a Sunday market at Thoresby, there was a mobile butcher there shouting "best Scottish beef", but round the back of his van there were lots of boxes which had printed on the side "Beef from Botswana" !
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2013, 11:07 PM

I like markets, I love a good rummage and only go into town if it's a market day. I am selective about what I buy (not meat). Fruit, veg and eggs I buy whenever I can because of the price and the quality is usually very good. I think some markets are better than others 'though and I rarely go to the "Sunday" markets or car boot sales.
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2013, 12:41 AM

I buy what I think is a bargain if it's something I need, love open markets walking around in the fresh air is a tonic.
Your fruit looks so fresh and the ball is great, I've nearly bought one but couldn't think where to put it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top