Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Telescopic
Eastbourne uk
Telescopic is male  Telescopic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2013, 02:18 PM

Am i coming back

Does anyone believe in life after death . Or if given the choice would you want to come back . I would like to think lights out end of' just like when we go to sleep but this time we dont wake up .
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2013, 02:23 PM

Re: Am i coming back

If you want to come back... there's always cryonics... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-21262618
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

10-02-2013, 02:24 PM

I want to cease to be when I kick the bucket.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2013, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Telescopic ->
Does anyone believe in life after death . Or if given the choice would you want to come back . I would like to think lights out end of' just like when we go to sleep but this time we dont wake up .
I don't think anyone is coming back and I certainly wouldn't want to .

To give an analogy, I see life as a giant game of snakes and ladders, some people don't get far along the board others make it to the end. Once you have played the game and had your turn that is it, finish .

I am quite looking forward to my woodland burial and providing sustenance for the trees and wild flowers which will grow above me to delight others .

I will live on the form of my child and grandchildren
I hope I have taught them well and they will enjoy life.
Then in turn they will play their part in leaving a legacy for the generations which follow..
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2013, 03:31 PM

There's a reason it's called death - it's because you die and rot away like all animals on the earth. Instead of hoping for another life in another body we should be appreciating this, our one chance, while we actually have that chance.

I can't imagine anything worse than coming back again as someone else with a new and different set of angsts, insecurities, bodily imperfections, relationship problems and so on. God, it's hard enough first time round.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2013, 05:05 PM

I dont understand why anyone would want to come back - reincarnation, I believe its a possibility for some..Hopefully not for me...
I like this quote...
The Caterpiller perceives it as 'the end'.....
The Butterfly - sees it as the 'beginning'....
FAS.
New Member!
NORFOLK UK.
FAS. is male 

10-02-2013, 05:31 PM

Life should not be a journey to the grave not with the intention of arriving there safely in an attractive and well preserved state, but rather to skid in sideways,choclate in one hand chardonay in the other screaming,
Woo Hoooo! " What a ride!! ".
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2013, 05:51 PM

A hard one to describe, but the concept of 'Self' intrigues me.

Someone once posed a problem about Star Trek style teleportation.... the procedure went something like....
Person goes into teleport .
Teleporter breaks downthe person into atoms and precice details of where each atom went.
This is beamed to the receiving teleport where the person is re-assembled.

NOW.. is that the same person? They're physically the same, but are they the same person or simply a fascimilie of the original?

What would happen if the teleport malfunctioned and produced two copies of the person. Who would be the real one?

I think that this is the real me, though sometimes I'm not sure!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2013, 06:02 PM

Too much for me to comprehend George, you may be a 'doppleganger' theres supposed to be a copy of all of us out there !....
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2013, 06:07 PM

I doubt it! Although I do believe that those who have passed over, do come back to us! Two weeks before I found my big brother dead, my parents "visited" me - I was sleeping but could see them both as clear as day and saw my white tall boy at their side, Mum was doing what she did before she died - twisting her wedding ring and she was trying to tell me something, Dad was at her back and he had on his harris tweed jacket! I opened my eye wide and I was crying!! I knew that something was going to happen - and it did! It wasn't the first time a similar happening occurred to me!

I remember my Mum talk of George Bernard Shaw and I think he was a bit of a Spiritualist but she said he never came back after he died!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top