Join for free
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2013, 11:19 AM

Carcassonne and Montagne Noire

This is my favorite place in the world and know it well.
If anyone is ever thinking of a holiday in this region Id be happy to give advice on good areas and things to do, places to eat etc...
Great area for walking , viewing old castles, shopping , water sports, horse riding , painting, photograpy, and many other activities ..... Or you can just sit outside a cafe and watch the world go by.
Roma
New Member!
Wales
Roma is female 

07-02-2013, 09:05 AM

Re: Carcassonne and Montagne Noire

I love Carcassonne too!! We own a motorhome and motorhomes are allowed to stay overnight right by the magnificent castle. There is not even a charge in the winter time!!
The castle is lit up at night(as I am sure you know!) - what a magnificent place to stay. The entire area is wonderful also.
Nobaggage
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2013, 10:14 AM

Yes I do know ...
Im working on my hubby to let me stay here forever.... But sadly with my French which is ok but not good enough for a job although Im seriously thinking about Band B or one to one holidays for single women where they would stay with me like a friend in france. As I have travelled alone alot and know it can be a sbit boring some times especially in the evenings...
Traveller
Bangor Co Down and France
Traveller is male  Traveller has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2013, 12:40 PM

We stay in our place in Normandy for a total of about six months each year and we are near Domfront which has also a long history back to and beyond Roman times up to WWII. Not as warm as Carcassonne or as visually striking, but still a wonderful place.

As I said in another thread, we hope to be stopping in and around Caecassonne later this year and look forward to that. I have recently read 'Citadel' by Kate Mosse who has, I believe, a place near Carcassonne and her description of the town and area has me full of curiosity.
Nobaggage

07-02-2013, 12:53 PM

Have you read her first book Labyrinth ? Discribes the area much better and a cracking story.
You will have to pop in when passing and I will crack of bottle of the red stuff open.
Thats if Im here :0(
Traveller
Bangor Co Down and France
Traveller is male  Traveller has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2013, 05:10 PM

I'll check i Books now and download it. Yes it would be nice to meet up for a glass or two if you are there when we are. We will probably be in or around that area sometime during the week before Bastille Day but, as I said, we have nothing fixed after Eymet.
Nobaggage

07-02-2013, 05:15 PM

I will hopfully be around then as hubby has a show in Carcassonne on or around Bastille Day
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2013, 07:12 PM

Would love to see some photos of the area Baggy - it sounds lovely

What are the people there like? Are they friendly towards Brits?
Nobaggage

11-02-2013, 08:08 PM

Until my photobucket works photos are a bit hard to put on here but mean while check this
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...og&sa=N&tab=wi

Also made a album in my profile of french pics for you

The people in the village are charming , I get on with them well , mostly farmers or retired people here who spend there time gardening , growing there veg or sat out side there houses basking in the sun. Every time im here Im given presents of veg fruit salad or chunks of deer or wild boar. even wine and local hooch ... offers to help me when Im clearing the not used for 50 years field and barn we have brought. all I have to do is make a pile of rubbish beside the road and by the next day some one will of cleared it to the dump for me . They help me with my french and laugh at all my terrible mistakes... In return I bake cakes for everyone and help them when and were I can. I even stepped in and cooked at the local cafe for a few days after the owners mum died and it was the hight of the season and she couldnt shut it down. I have been invited to weddings funerals and all sorts of family get togethers. he only down side is they keep giving me all the village stray cats and dogs ...as they know i like animals .I have to be very firm or id have a houseful.... I came with one dog and one cat , will be going back with 2 of each I went out yesterday and some one had dug me a path through the snow to the road ... they are so kind , who ever it was didnt even stop to tell me . Another came on the day my phone and internet were connected to make sure I understood and set my computer up for me ..... I really could not be in a better place . I love it here thats why im trying to set up a one to one holidays for single traverlers to stay with me to give me a living then I can stay for evern ever .
Nobaggage

17-02-2013, 07:46 AM

Just had some good news on the staying here front .... I met the lady from the cafe I helped last summer yesterday we had a couple of wines and she asked if Id help her this summer for the season... I said yes , but I will go back and check this week as you know what rubbish us women can speak after a few , she might not of meant it.....fingers crossed

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top