Join for free
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2013, 06:04 AM

Happy Friday Everyone.

[IMG]
[/IMG]More waterbirds. I had a call from Npower yesterday trying to persuade me to stay with them as I am in the process of changing to Green Power. The chap asked why I was leaving them and I told him that it might have had something to do with the fact that they had increased my monthly DDs by nearly a third ! Needless to say he didn't change my mind.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2013, 07:53 AM

Re: Happy Friday Everyone.

Good morning Alan and all visitors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIb6AZdTr-A&ob=av3e

Dry and cold with an icy wind blowing in from the sea. Mother Natures creatures are scurrying around for food and then disappearing to eat it.

Clean up day today so maybe my study will look more organised than it is at the moment. I have been going through some correspondence from the House of Commons to fine one letter which I need for a meeting next week. Lunch at home, Fish, Chips and Mushy peas. The afternoon will be full of relaxation before the evening starts with a quiz night.

Photobucket is doing maintenance.

Alan, you do not have to let them increase your DD, just phone them and tell them how much you want to pay and do not accept their reasons for the increase. It is you account and you control how much is taken from it.

Have a great day everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAmgTNATJkk
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2013, 08:42 AM

Morning all. It's raining here, been raining all night. Got to go out this morning to pick up my medication (to make me nearly normal) ha ha.

Have a lovely day all.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2013, 09:57 AM

Good morning all, cold wind here this morning and only 2 degC... brrrrrr....

We've got to take Mrs P's laptop in for some tlc this morning. It had a new hard drive fitted last week as the original failed. The computer whizz cloned the old drive and transferred all of the info and programs OK, but it is doing some strange things now so it needs to go back for some more (expert) intervention...

Have a good day peeps...

Barry
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2013, 10:38 AM

Good morning fellow members cold and wet here.

My heating is still off and I am waiting for someone to ring this evening about repairs. I can cope though, the cold is not to be compared with the cold of my childhood when we had ice on the inside of the windows

Meanwhile I am working to keep warm
I do have an electric fire which I will use when Hannah comes for a while later.

Have a pleasant day everyone .
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2013, 11:20 AM

Morning Folk Raining again but not as heavy, nor as windy!

Lovely photo Alaln. Great links Bob. Photobucket has changed things around a bit again! Just when I got used to it, they go and change it again!

Hope everyone will enjoy a good day today.

Take care
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2013, 11:34 AM

Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2013, 12:34 PM

Good morning. Something about Friday isn't there? Even when you are retired
Torrential rain last night and odd showers this morning ... not too bad at 5°C though.
Mony Mony got us jigging in our seats Bob, thanks.
Just had a new dustbin with lockable lid delivered, hopefully the fox or squirrels won't get into this one, which will hold bird seed and fat balls, which will stay dry.
Hope the heating gets sorted soon Meg, I'd be wearing gloves and a scarf, I'm a chilly mortal.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2013, 02:18 PM

Afternjoon all, very late on parade today. I don't know where the morning went. Enjoy the rest of the day folks and make the most of it. The sun has come out after I got soaked this morning walking the dog.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2013, 02:55 PM

Afternoon all sunny intervals here, 6ºC ....

Visited my daughter this morning for a coffee and a news catch-up. Strolled to Tesco with her to do a bit of shopping .... I don't like that store, much prefer Sainsbury's...

I noticed we have the first crocus out in the garden this morning, what a joyous feeling that Spring isn't too far away ..... well, just 46 days officially!

Meg, I hope you can get your heating fixed soon, meanwhile wrap up warm...

Enjoy your day and weekend ahead, folks!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top