Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2013, 04:49 PM

What gets your goat!

Those little things that irritate you so...for me its...
Plastic packaging, so tightly fixed, you need instructions to open the darn package !
Also, every shop I have tried the last couple of years, to buy a pair of tights - are only supplying tights for tall women! I get home - hold them against the waist - only to see them tumble to the floor ! Now, I take them out of the package in-store, same result though....
What gets your goat.....?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2013, 05:31 PM

Re: What gets your goat!

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Those little things that irritate you so...for me its...
Plastic packaging, so tightly fixed, you need instructions to open the darn package !
Also, every shop I have tried the last couple of years, to buy a pair of tights - are only supplying tights for tall women! I get home - hold them against the waist - only to see them tumble to the floor ! Now, I take them out of the package in-store, same result though....
What gets your goat.....?
Pat darlin' - you need 'growmore' in your shoes to grow taller
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2013, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Pat darlin' - you need 'growmore' in your shoes to grow taller
....I'm average height just over 5ft 3, I blame Euro market everything has gone haywire.....
Or maybe - they think we like the 'Nora Batty' look !
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

25-01-2013, 06:09 PM

I have never had problems with tights and I am half an inch shorter than you Pats. Admittedly I haven't worn any since I last had to dress up, which was in October 2005 for my Father's funeral, the nearest I will get to a state occasion. The old man was formerly a senior politician.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

25-01-2013, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
I have never had problems with tights and I am half an inch shorter than you Pats. Admittedly I haven't worn any since I last had to dress up, which was in October 2005 for my Father's funeral, the nearest I will get to a state occasion. The old man was formerly a senior politician.
Willow - I'm taliking after 2005 gal.....
So - the old man was a politician..... Crikey
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

25-01-2013, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Willow - I'm taliking after 2005 gal.....
So - the old man was a politician..... Crikey
Yeh it was something the old boy enjoyed, and he was very good at the job too. It is incredible what you can bring home in the proverbial 'Diplomatic bag' when you go abroad on political business. The elephant was a bit of a mistake, though
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

25-01-2013, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
Yeh it was something the old boy enjoyed, and he was very good at the job too. It is incredible what you can bring home in the proverbial 'Diplomatic bag' when you go abroad on political business. The elephant was a bit of a mistake, though
Ha-ha.....They do take up a bit of room dont they - a bit of a 'Mary Poppins' bag was it......
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2013, 07:33 PM

Dont have a Tights problem. Havent worn them for donkey years when I found them too short and I used to rip the gusset. Oh that doesnt sound good does it laugh.
I am Tights free and love it. Get some suntan lotion on your legs and nobody will know unless you want black or white legs lol.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

25-01-2013, 07:39 PM

O'h God Sandy - how do you survive in the cold weather !
The thicker the tights - the better for me...
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2013, 01:07 AM

I don't wear tights either - but then I wear trousers, or denims Just a wee pair of ankle socks does me fine Even if I am going out - I wear one of my trouser suits and again just a pair of ankle socks! I stopped wearing skirts and dresses when I retired! Had enough of them!!

I hated wearing tights - but never found any trouble with the length of them. I think it was Aristoc or something. I doubt if they are on the market now though!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top