Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2013, 06:27 AM

Happy Thursday Everyone.

[IMG]
[/IMG] Lake Schliersee in Bavaria, Germany. Now we can get out of the house but our walks are still difficult to negotiate, we went to the cinema yesterday to see Quartet - a very good picture if you like "cosy" films.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2013, 07:50 AM

Re: Happy Thursday Everyone.

Good morning Alan and all who visit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxGp1p2zVeQ

Cold but dry at the moment with Mother Natures creatures desperately seaching for food and then devouring it at a great speed of knots. They have also had baths as soon as I cleared the ice and put freah water out.

Plans for today are to relax after having spent a couple of days back in my youth as we put a new roof on my sons garage in the snow, reminded me of when I was on contracting work, I really enjoyed it plus I enjoyed the coffee and Bacon sarnies that kept appearing on a regular basis. Lunch is at home with more relaxing to do in the afternoon.
Eileen was pleased to see us as I do not think she enjoys the snow.

Kentmere Reservoir

Have a Great day everyone and stay warm and safe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwAw9ThDQmk
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2013, 09:16 AM

Good morning Alan, Bob et al.... No fresh snow today and not too cold at only -1 deg, so hopefully we might get a slow thaw later...

There are plans to build a new doctor's surgery locally so we're off to look (have a nosey) at the plans after our coffee. My mum is visiting for lunch so I'm making chicken and mushroom pie with mash and veg, followed by mince pies and ice cream...yum yum..

Enjoy your day folks

Barry
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2013, 09:50 AM

Good morning all, nice piccies guys
Waiting for our man to arrive to put a new battery in our car Went to start it yesterday and it was 'dead as a door nail' He's seen us through two cars, a lovely man and a good mechanic..we are lucky to have him.
So later today, we have to put our prescriptions in at the doctor, go to the bank and get some food in
Snow has almost gone here - hooray
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2013, 10:01 AM

Good morning everyone. Lovely photos and nice to see a Summer scene as we have the snow still outside here. Hoping its going over the weekend.
Doing some ancestry today. Just spoken to one of my Grankids over in France. She fell skating yesterday so has hurt her ankle and back so is off school today.
Still fires going wild in Victoria, Australia so I bet they wish the rain would come.
Take care everyone and have a nice day.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2013, 10:32 AM

Good Morning All Dull and grey but not too cold out this morning Hope the snow has stopped where you all are now.

Lovely photos Alan and Bob and love the links

Hope Bob, you had a lovely time and good to see you back on here again

Enjoy a good day everyone.

Take care and stay safe
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2013, 10:54 AM

Morning all. Got a few flakes of snow coming down at the moment hopefully it won't lay.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2013, 12:10 PM

Yes likewise here just hope it wont amount to much. Have a good day everyone!
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2013, 12:15 PM

OK today but heavy snow forecast for tomorrow evening coming down from the Midlands. Watch out Barry !
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2013, 01:29 PM

Good afternoon folks.

It's very cloudy here in Scotland but the snow has almost completely gone.

I haven't even been out for the papers yet so I suppose I'll do that soon.

I'm currently listening to an album I just got through the post today by Roy Orbison called "The Singles Collection 1965-1973" which consists of two LPs.

Despite having a lot of The Big O's albums there are some songs on this one that I did not currently have.

I had to spend quite a while cleaning them up (why do people insist on letting records get really dirty?) but they now play pretty decently and I'm taping them onto cassette for the car.

Anyway, enough of boring you lot with that, I think I'll go and see what rubbish David Cameron is talking today.

Have a good day all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top