Join for free
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2013, 05:47 AM

Happy Wednesday Folk.

[IMG]
[/IMG]Taken in Bavaria, Germany. I'm going to go out in my car to fetch a paper this morning, it will be the first time since last Thursday. Things are looking a bit better now.PS paper fetched without any problems.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2013, 08:52 AM

Re: Happy Wednesday Folk.

Good morning Alan et al.... glad to see you made it back from the newsagent in one piece Alan, quite an expedition for an old bloke....

No more snow overnight and not too cold, just hovering around freezing at the moment. Just pottering around this morning and walking the dogs, and then visiting friends for coffee and cakes this afternoon..

Enjoy your day folks..

Barry
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2013, 09:12 AM

Morning all. Dull but no more snow at the moment, icy on the pavements but roads are clear. Going out to do some cleaning this morning.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2013, 10:30 AM

Good morning everyone. Forecast is for a thaw from the weekend so hopefully the slippy pavements and roads will be better soon.
Hope everyone is well. Glad to see you managed to get your paper
Alan laugh. Couple of days you will be able to go out without
any snow.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2013, 10:33 AM

Morning Everyone Dull out this morning. No snow, which makes me a happy "lassie"

Glad you made it to the shop and back, Alan Lovely photo and thanks for sharing.

Hope everyone will enjoy a snow free day today.

Take care and stay safe
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2013, 10:42 AM

Good morning fellow members still snowing slightly and overnight another inch has been added to the existing lot. It is annoying thought, just as I get the car and drive clear back it comes.
I understand we are to get a lot more snow here on Friday before the weekend thaw.

I haven't seen a soul since last Thursday and at lunch time a man is coming to look at the leaking TV aerial and my son is coming for lunch. Not sure I will be able to cope with the seeing two humans at the same time

Enjoy your day everyone
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2013, 11:27 AM

Good morning Alan, Barry et al. Snow is beginning to melt at last just hope it doesn't freeze before it has had a chance to dry out a bit. Have a good day all.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2013, 01:33 PM

Good morning all..snow is melting here too
One up on you Meg..a woman called yesterday with hubby's new fur lined boots..we dragged her in for a chat, coffee and cake (joke)
Trying to decide whether to go the the docs to put in repeat prescriptions...we are changing pharmacies, there have been problems with our usual one, our GP's are not happy with them either
Enjoy your day everyone.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2013, 02:54 PM

Good afternoon all it has been snowing all morning but fortunately not too much has settled.

Managed to go out to get a bit of shopping so I'm covered for a few days now. Tomorrow morning I have a hairdressers appointment..... I'm hoping I'll be able to get there

Enjoy your day folks
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2013, 04:21 PM

Good afternoon folks.

Late start today.

The man has just been to clean my chimney so I've now got the fire lit and burning very well with nice clean ventilation.

Not done anything today, didn't even go for the papers.

I do need to change the bulb in the spare room though, it blew as I turned it on to get the vacuum out this morning.

Quite amazing that it lasted this long as I fitted that bulb in 1998.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top