Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2013, 12:26 PM

Facebook

The increasing number of hours we spend on Facebook is surely affecting our health and that of our children and grandchildren

There is a danger that the fast-paced cyber world where relationships can be ended with the click of a mouse and socially unacceptable profiles quickly deleted threaten to make the real world seem boring by comparison.

Some experts believe it can lead to -

Stress / Addiction / Eating disorders

Low self-esteem / Depression and Psychological disorders

Apparently quitting Facebook (and Twitter) has become more difficult than giving up cigarettes or alcohol.?
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2013, 12:39 PM

Re: Facebook

No problem for me. I will never join Facebook or Twitter.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2013, 12:47 PM

I'd never join a "facebook" in my life, nor would my wife.

My daughter however, she has succumbed

Apart from everything else I don't have time for it.

Despite how much I post on here I actually don't have much free time as I'm always either busy outside or busy inside.
HeatherMK
Milton Keynes, UK
HeatherMK is female  HeatherMK has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2013, 02:53 PM

I gave it a try some time back but I couldn't see the appeal.
I am amazed what people will put on it though!
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2013, 03:22 PM

Am on it but don't use it, don't like it.
dabby
uk
dabby is male  dabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2013, 02:31 AM

i`ve joined ...

Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2013, 10:06 AM

This is a good one to pass on to the younger generation?

Michael
Near London,UK

18-03-2013, 09:58 AM

Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2013, 02:50 PM

Michael - you're last picture just about sums it up - No Facebook for me, not interested....
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2013, 03:03 PM

I'm on it with my family and we keep our privacy settings so that our posts and pics are not public. I don't use any of the applications for games (ridiculous). It's a good way to keep in touch and share. When we visit Mom we take an iPad, sign into one of our accounts, and show her pics and videos posted by her grandchildren who are scattered across the country. She finds it amazing.

I agree that for a lot of people it's a huge time-waster and you even hear of those who sign in on the company computer! Cause for termination in my opinion.

Another problem is has caused is bullying, especially among teens.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top