Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2013, 06:43 AM

Happy Tuesday Folk

[IMG]
[/IMG]The bridge over the river Wharfe at Grassington. Our daughter visited us yesterday evening. She was singing the praises of winter tyres provided for her by the company she works for. Do any of you have them on your car?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2013, 08:41 AM

Re: Happy Tuesday Folk

Good morning to you Alan, and to everyone else later on...

Those photos of the Grassington area are great Alan, a real reminder of our lovely week at Bolton Abbey last year.

Getting colder by the minute here this morning, -3.3 deg as I write and gradually getting cooler. Around 12" of lying snow on the garden, but we managed to knock it off some of the shrubs yesterday to save too many broken branches. No real plans for today other than cleaning the loos, walking the dogs and then cooking salmon and roast veg for lunch.

Have a great day yourselves if you can...

Oscar this morning....

Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2013, 10:00 AM

Good Morning Folk Just a thin layer of snow on the pavements - the gritters were up here about 4 times during the night gritting the roads, so there is no snow lying on them! It is 1 degree, so not too bad. Hope it clears up as it did yesterday - at least I could get out and walk around and down the steep hill at the side of the flats!

Lovely photo, Alan. Thanks for sharing.

Sounds bad down south.

Take care and stay safe
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2013, 10:25 AM

Good morning everyone. Dont have Winter tyres Alan. I have some great Winter boots though. Walk everywhere
Going to feed the birds again today. Plus my 2 mile walk will be longer today as I need to walk to Tescos as well to get some bread.
The Sun is trying to reach us this morning which is good.
My penfriend from Tasmania skyped this morning and its nice and
warm there and she wishes she could make a snowman laugh.
I know where I would rather be.
Take care all and have a nice day.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2013, 11:20 AM

Good morning all.
The day started foggy and the snow we had is still lying there - begging for a child to make a snowman
Still cold at -1°C but we are baking bread and a fruit cake this morning..and we are not going out.
The sun came out for a while, so the fog is gone but the sky looks ominous now.
Go careful if you have to venture out everyone.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2013, 11:23 AM

Oscar suddenly appeared Barry..took a while, so I missed him.
Gorgeous photo
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2013, 12:46 PM

Good morning all we had a light dusting of snow during the night but the temperature is +1ºC now and it's thawing fast.

Indoor jobs are the order of the day so I have plenty to keep me busy.

Here's an interesting thought ...... it is only 56 days until the 1st day of Spring!

Keep warm ans safe folks!
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2013, 12:58 PM

Good morning folks!!

I woke up this morning in a strange place, however I didn't look in the mirror and see a strange face - thank goodness. I'm not a complete crack pot at least.

What I mean of course is when I looked out the window and saw about 4 inches of snow.

I did not hear the snow fall throughout the night and did say to my wife at about 3AM "nah, we'll not get any more snow". Well, it seems I was wrong.

Plus it's started snowing again right now.

I'd better go out and shovel off the Rover, start the engine and turn the windscreen defrost on then wait ages before it eventually unfreezes and I can drive to the shop to get the papers.

My daughter has phoned and said that the roads in the town she lives in (5 miles away) have been plowed but here in my village? No sirree! Just 4 inches of lovely snow with nice ice under it.

I've seen a total of three cars go past since I got up so my guessing is none of it will have melted through passing cars either.

Well I can't keep putting it off, I'd better get wrapped up and go out.

Have a nice (warm) day everybody.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2013, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Our daughter visited us yesterday evening. She was singing the praises of winter tyres provided for her by the company she works for. Do any of you have them on your car?
Not I Alan, I've never fallen for that gimmick.

All-season Michelins have never let the wife or I down yet.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2013, 02:03 PM

Lovely picture Alan and Barry nice one of Oscar . See what you mean about getting the snow out of his coat now! Have a good day everyone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top