Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
jennym
bracknell, United Kingdom
jennym is female  jennym has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2013, 07:54 PM

Bored & fed-up

My husband is away & I haven't seen any-one for 2 days I've spoken to him & a couple of other people on the phone but there's nothing like a bit of human contact. Even when taking the dogs for a walk I haven't seen the other dog walkers about due to the weather. I'm hoping that I'm able to get into work tomorrow so I get to see some-one , oh those poor people I will just be talking AT them all day. Sorry for being such a big saddo but today I am one !!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2013, 08:10 PM

Re: Bored & fed-up

cheer up gal - tomorrow is another day...hopefully 'not' snowing !...
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2013, 08:34 PM

I know the feeling, I sometimes go to Tesco's just to get out of the house, it's different in summer but the long dark winter nights aren't good. I just come on here and see who's on and doing what? It'll soon be Spring
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2013, 08:42 PM

It 'will' soon be Spring......Hoorah !!
jennym
bracknell, United Kingdom
jennym is female  jennym has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2013, 08:58 PM

Can't wait to see daffodils & crocus poking their little heads out then you know spring is round the corner, if I can't get into work tomorrow think I will walk to the supermarket & talk to complete strangers.... just hope I don't get arrested
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2013, 09:17 PM

I'm always talking to strangers.
MrsD
midlands uk
MrsD is female  MrsD has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2013, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
Me too , daft as it may seem when I take my dog out it is with hope to see someone to talk .I do like my own company but not 24/ 7
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2013, 10:29 PM

Nurse Gillian takes me out with her and leaves me on a bench outside of the supermarket. SHe knows that when she comes out I will be on first name terms with the unfortunate person who strayed from the delicatessan and ended up sat next to me.

I always wear a hat so if I wander off somewhere she can easily spot me.I'm 6ft2" & 17 stone so I am not hard to find.
CLearing out my hats last week & took 10 of them (I had 29) to the local oxfam, who were delighted with them.
They may be harder to sell than they think.

I'm an extra large hat size and I had to chortle as we were leaving as folks trying them on found they went straight over their heads, down the sides, only being saved by their stickie out ears.What fun.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

21-01-2013, 12:08 AM

Lets hope no one near you buys any, Nurse Gillian could spend a lot of time chasing and grabbing hold of men only to find it's a complete stranger wearing one of your old hats.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

21-01-2013, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
So am I. Although I don't have a dog my daily walks take me along the same routes as the dog walkers, and it is unusual for someone not to stop for a chat. People are very friendly around here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top