Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2013, 06:20 AM

Happy Saturday Folk.

[IMG]
[/IMG]Taken this morning - I think I'll give going up into town for a paper a miss this morning ! About 4 ins of snow yesterday so I won't be going anywhere in the car.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2013, 10:15 AM

Re: Happy Saturday Folk.

Good Morning Alan and All Still no snow here where I live and hope it stays that way

That's some load of snow, Alan, you have and quite right not to venture out in it in that snow! Hope it clears up for you soon.

Hope everyone will enjoy a good day today.

I'm off down to the vet's for Loki's meds and then into Johnstone town centre for some messages.

Take care all and stay safe
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2013, 10:57 AM

Good morning all.
Dark still here and the sky looks full of more snow. We've had about the same amount as you Alan, but our front is north facing so the snow will stay there until the weather warms.
Nothing planned today apart from making a beef stew, which should last two days and watching the snooker later.
Go careful today everyone.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2013, 11:07 AM

Good Morning all. Lovely white landscape this morning. Stay safe and warm if you have to go out in it today.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2013, 11:39 AM

A very good morning to you all. Around six inches of snow that I've just cleared from the drive and paths, and I've also cleared a path to the woodpile, looks like we'll be needing some today...

No plans to go out anywhere, the dogs have had a run around the garden for five minutes and it's taken half an hour to get the snow off them and get them dried off with the hair drier. Poor little souls were frozen and shivering, it's a real problem having six inches of snow and only having five inch legs...

Enjoy your day folks.

Barry
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2013, 12:35 PM

Good morning fellow members it is very dark and fine snow is falling.
Been across the field with Chloe who returned weighed down with snow balls .Thank goodness for her fleece, it does stop the snow forming in balls on her tummy as well as her legs and beard.

I have got another pan of marmalade boiling away. The new muslin I order didn't arrive, we had no postal delivery yesterday so I am using an old linen tea towel to hold the pith. I hope it won't make the finished product taste funny :? .

Have a pleasant day everyone and stay safe...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2013, 01:15 PM

Good morning all no further snow during the night but everywhere remains icy and cold today.

A day inside is the order of the day, too many broken bones occur through taking risks

Stay safe and warm everyone...
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2013, 03:02 PM

Good afternoon folks.

Got a bit of snow last night it seems, there is a light dusting over the cars but it's quickly melting.

The wife went out early this morning to go to Glasgow to see a friend who's ill so she'll probably stay over tonight and come back tomorrow.

I've just came in from doing some repairs to the shed and am about to get up on the roof and replace a few slates.

Then I suppose I'll fire up the car and head off to get the newspapers a carton of smokes.

I think I might cheat on tea tonight and just get a microwave curry and stick another Aunt Bessie pudding in the oven for desert. The wild things I do eh?

Anyway, I'd better get up on the roof then get out.

It's bitter cold out but doesn't look like it'll rain or snow just yet so I'm fine with that. It's good to fill the old lungs with some nice cool clean air every now and then. Makes a change from the 4000 chemicals in Marlboros

Have a good day all.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2013, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Good morning all no further snow during the night but everywhere remains icy and cold today.

A day inside is the order of the day, too many broken bones occur through taking risks

Stay safe and warm everyone...
You're probably right but I have to say I've taken risks all my life and never broken one bone! That is the honest truth.

I even fell from the roof of a house once (OK, a bungalow ) and never broke anything.

In fact none of my family (that I know of) have ever broken anything.

That is strange.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2013, 03:44 PM

Afternoon All, No Snow up here either, but very Cold with an Icy Wind Basting in every Nook and Cranny.
Have a Nice Day...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top